Lost of a loved one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost of a loved one

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat, Phin. Five is way too young to lose a cat. Perhaps when the pain is no longer so raw, another kitty will find its way into your life and heart. I have two cats and a dachshund, all of which are getting up there in years. I couldn't imagine living without animals.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Aww Phin :l:l I am so, SOOO sorry about the loss of your cat. Losing a pet is devestating. Last July my beloved Cocker Spaniel died in my arms. It was unexpected and I cried for weeks. I have his ashes on the fireplace next to his pictures. I find some comfort in knowing he died safe, warm and loved.

You already know drinking won't make it better. Your Phin cat wouldn't want you sitting around destroying yourself. Keep memories of him close to your heart and you can get through this.

Sending you lots of love and hugs :l

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Phin, so sorry for your loss.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Lost of a loved one

oh no!
          many of us feel your pain on this one and it stings for sure. when i lost my dachshund i waited 5 years to make the commitment again, this was far too long. I was sooooo sad for far too long. A new feline friend will help, if you can think about it. You are not replacing your kitty either, not possible. Sorry for your loss.
          March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
          May 29: back to day 1
          June: The battle continues......

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Everyone, thank you so very much. I appreciate your kind words.

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Phin, How are you today? Losing a pet is devastating. I have lost many over the years and although it sounds a bit harsh,I allways go out and get another soon after. Not only for myself as it helps the healing process, but also for the other pets I keep that are missing there friend. It is enough for me to hit the booze,but as we all no,it just makes things worse!!!:l

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Thinking of you Phin! :l
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Thanks for thinking of me. It's still a rough go. Of course the drinking doesn't help, it just makes it worse. I just need to snap out of it.

Comment

Lost of a loved one

Phin, Give it time. You will snap out of it!! So lets get up and go!

Comment

Working...
                    X