• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

Good job Miley!

And Eeyore is really cute, even if he is a bit of a downer! LOL
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Frustrated

You aren't Eeyore, Miley! You have a great attitude!

I hope your husband is ok. And wasn't it great that you were in a good condition to drive him? You are right - even though this is a battle, it can be won, unlike some other things people face.

Glad you are feeling better today! :h NS

Comment

Frustrated

I agree with Ann Caroline, recording or remembering horrible drinking stories definitely reinforces sobriety. I was doing my yoga practise (something which has helped immensely with my sobriety and depression) and I had a flashback about a time in my life when I was in a terrible place with the booze. It made my blood run cold! Then I felt so grateful for how my life is now. Not saying its been easy and I still fall of the wagon but have been sober since new years eve 2013,
        Good luck xx
        AF since 2nd Oct 2012
        Day by day

Comment

Frustrated

Kuya - you are very wise and I enjoy reading your posts....thank you!

K-9 and NS - You both are kind...thank you.

Moots - I am planning on starting a yoga class on Sunday. They have one that starts at 8:00 which would have me out in time to go to church. I think it would be a nice way to start the week. Also, I noticed the few times that I practiced yoga, it really kept me focused in the moment.

One of the things I am looking forward to the most is getting some of this freaking weight off!!!!! It's shocking to me when I look at old pictures and then how bloated I have become. I never knew that wine could do that. When you see the commercials of all of those attractive people drinking...it's a lie. If they showed the real deal, I bet alot of people would never drink!
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
          [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Frustrated

miley
            YOu are SO RIGHT!! The glamorization of alcohol is a complete lie!! I hate watching all those shows (like Mad Men) where everyone is drinking all the time but look fabulous. It is not reality!!!!
            I still watch those shows, I admit, but I do so with a realistic eye knowing that if they really did drink like that, they would be bloated and have red splotched faces... and they would smell horribly.
            That is another part of drinking that no one talks about....how completely horrid someone smells who has tied one on the night before. Gross!!!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Frustrated

jenniech;1502646 wrote: miley
              YOu are SO RIGHT!! The glamorization of alcohol is a complete lie!!
              GLAMOROUS AND UBIQUITOUS!!!

My husband and I just checked in to a motel - our perk for being "frequent stayers" was a couple of tickets for free booze at a nearby bar...

Comment

Frustrated

NoSugar;1502648 wrote: GLAMOROUS AND UBIQUITOUS!!!

My husband and I just checked in to a motel - our perk for being "frequent stayers" was a couple of tickets for free booze at a nearby bar...
                Can you imagine if they gave you free heroin instead! ? :H:H

Heroin causes very few deaths, alcohol deaths direct and indirect are horrendous.

What a messed up world !

Comment

Frustrated

kuya;1502653 wrote: Can you imagine if they gave you free heroin instead! ? :H:H
                  Heroin causes very few deaths, alcohol deaths direct and indirect are horrendous.
                  What a messed up world !
                  Here is a question for you, Kuya - given that alcohol is legal and socially accepted/almost mandated, why do you think having a problem with it so embarrassing and socially unacceptable???

NS

Comment

Frustrated

NoSugar;1502655 wrote: Here is a question for you, Kuya - given that alcohol is legal and socially accepted/almost mandated, why do you think having a problem with it so embarrassing and socially unacceptable???

NS
                    We are pack animals, NS, no matter how individual we like to think we are. When smoking was the norm, people took up smoking, which is disgusting and hard at first, just to fit in.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Logic tells us it is harmful, society tells us it is normal, the latter frequently wins.

People who choose to not drink are either wise or very well balanced.

People who quit and stay quit are brave and in dependant IMO. The average level of intelligence on this forum is WAY higher than in the general population I observe.

Comment

Frustrated

I do feel as though I am in the company of great minds .... this is a hard thing we are doing....but we are doing it!!
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X