Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Here We Go....

Good morning, another newbie here.

Just found this site yesterday and am hopeful. I've been drinking on and off for 40 years. After 7 DUI's between 1971 and 1984, I went sober in 1985 and stayed there until 2009. Been binge drinking ever since and really want to quite. I've never had luck with AA so thought I would give this a try... I'd like to hear some encouragement from others.

Thanx

Well, Here We Go....

:welcome: to you Eagle,

Good place to start would be the (click on the links)

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html .Just nip in and say hello.

and then on to the tool box.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Don't want to overwhelm you with advice at the moment just keep reading, log in everyday and post,post then post some more.

Glad you found us.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

Hi Eagle, welcome. I find your 24 years of sobriety nothing short of remarkable, and an inspiration.
      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

Hi Eagle, just want to welcome you and throw some support your way. I am truly in awe of your 24 sober years. I found that the support here is amazing and gave me what I needed at the time. This place does work miracles. I hope you stick around.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

Hi Eagle - welcome to the site!

Do you have any insight as to what made you decide to drink again after 24 years sober? Did you completely abstain during that time or did you successfully moderate? Just curious.

Please stay close and read as much as you can here.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

After 24 Years...

Thank you for your welcome. Siren, it's pretty simple, my wife also has a big problem with alcohol and although I went sober she didn't. We were at some friends home for a party and she was pretty far over the edge. I was so angry, I had a drink, and the rest was down hill from there.

I know that I can't moderate my drinking, to me it's a binary; either I drink or don't.

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

Hi, Eagle66,

Welcome! MWO has been a wonderful support for me. I encourage you to read and read here. Continue to post and I think most people are up for getting PMs. Find people you identify with and follow their threads and posts.

Good luck!

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

Welcome!!! I look forward to getting to know you. 24 years is absolutely impressive!! I too drank AT people. But drinking AT people only hurts myself but you already know that....
                Read a lot here and post!! I currently go to AA and I do get something out of the meetings. It is the whole 12 step thing that I have trouble with. So MWO is my lifesaver first and foremost.
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Well, Here We Go....

Hello & welcome Eagle

MWO is a good place, glad you found us!
                  I started out by downloading the MWO book from the Heath store here on the site. It's full of helpful info.

Please drop in the Newbies nest thread for more support, lots of folks just getting started there.

Wishing you the best
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X