I Have to do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have to do this

Hi all, i am 33yrs old and have been drinking to excess for about tens years. I have stop and started many times but for the last month i have been drinking pretty much constantly and have just lost (another) job.

I have two kids and i have to stop drinking, i am seriously scared of what ive done to my body.

Thanks for listening:new:

I Have to do this

Welcome Louisse,
    You will find a lot of support here and many parents. You are not alone.
    Keep reading and posting. Also order and read the book.

Best of luck to you!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I Have to do this

Hello loussie, you have come to a fab place. Enjoy. Bella x

Comment

I Have to do this

Welcome loussie

Glad you chose to come here today...you will get lots of tips and help.

Maybe you have chosen to get healthy? maybe you have set a goal..?

we want to look and feel our best and as you say before its too late! I am no beauty...but good enough and I,ve found for me along with the plan to not drink for 40 days had to be forward planning each evening in my temptation times!

so simple stuff..declutter my wardrobe, sort out my make up, get a new image ..clothes wise..cook healthier food, get walking and to exercise class. stock up on soda water and soft drinks etc.

One step at a time..so maybe plan this evening what to do instead of drinking(full of calories)i havent had a headache in 42 days since being AF!

I am plucked, waxed and moisturised.. just doing the fake tanning for a week away over Easter.
        i wish you well and the strategy that has worked for me ids plan ahead...each evening i have to plan..maybe an hour on this site,,bubble bath, walk etc
        on nights out with friends.. I drive. Get a friend or hubby to go AF with you for 30 days maybe?/ That helped me ..hubby and close friend are all doing it with me...Day 42 yipee1

good luck and keep posying

regards cassy

Comment

I Have to do this

i meant keep posting!!

cassy

Comment

I Have to do this

Hello.
            :welcome:

Comment

I Have to do this

Hi Loussie! :welcome:

I am 30 and have a baby girl myself.. there are lots of parents here. (Crap, on a side note my 1 year old just got into my purse and took my VISA..ahhh, mommys girl) Anyway, this is a great place and I love it here. Keep visiting all the time and read all the post, they really help a lot and you will find nothing here but love and support. :h

Comment

I Have to do this

Hi Loussie & Welcome!

Here you'll find a group with very much to offer in ways of knowledge & support. Definitely get the book .
                Glad you found us & keep posting.
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I Have to do this

Hi there Louissie,
                  Your very welcome here and this is the perfect place to find all the support and caring and advise you need.I'm so sorry you,ve lost your job but dont let that push you back to the bottle, just try to be strong.You say you've tried many times to stop so you obviously want to:goodjob:
                  Just try to take the determination one more step this time and you'll be flying. I wasted the last ten years of my life being wasted and staying sober is a very hard nut to crack but we're all here to help you and there is an amazingly diverse group of people, with all too familiar stories, that will reach out to you to help.
                  They did for me and I'm just shy of 6 months AF.
                  Good luck.
                  Victoria xxooxx

Comment

I Have to do this

Hey Louissie...you are at the right place. I am 35 with 2 children.....you can do this. It sucks and is the hardest thing I think I have ever tried to do, but it can be done. Just take it one day at a time. If you stumble...get up, dust off and start again. Kepp comingn here...post, read, post read, post read....we're here for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X