Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I felt drunk, even though I wasn't . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost my glasses this morning. I could drive, but I couldn't read.

It reminded me of being too drunk to see, walking around with that power having been temporarily dashed.

Found it to be quite symbolic, actually. A lesson, perhaps . . . .

I have just literally found my glasses. It's so great to see again!!!

rebel
    "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Hey, Gemini (I'm an Aquarius) -

Yeah, it's amazing, isn't it? We have so many gifts, and just don't see it sometimes.

One time, I was too drunk to write down my address at a restaurant so that they could call me a cab. I stormed out, humiliated. It's a wonder I got home alive - I had to stop in a remote parking lot to sleep it off so that I could drive home later, my tail between my legs. And a guy took me to that restaurant seeing how f'd up I was, and somehow I figured out that I was in possible danger. [I]Self-imposed danger.[I] I was lucky.

Take Care,

rebel
    "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Comment

So if we lose our glasses, perhaps we won't drink???? You might be on to something...HA

Comment

That's a thought-provoking reply . . . .

Comment

OMG!!!! When I lose my glasses (which happens frequently), I am worse than drunk. I am helpless. Yes, this is a lesson to us all - we can and will survive.

Glad you got your eyes back!
          :nutso:
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

The night before

Your story reminded me of the couple of times I have woken up to go to work and still feel drunk from the night before. Now THAT is pretty scarey! And what an awful way to feel and then have to work and interact with people. So glad I've decided to put those days behind me. Hopefully with the help of this board I can make it!
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X