How did everyone do this Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still managed to drink a bottle of red, but not two this time..last week I drank two. (Ugh) I will definetely not be donating my liver to anyone...

But on a good note is that I cooked such a big meal for myself and ate it all :woot: that I did not wake up groggy at all or with a hangover. Still no excuse for me drinking like that, but it does help my outlook this morning...

Since I've cut down I have been noticing such a difference in my skin. After my daughter was born my chemistry changed and my skin got so dry, with red cheeks... no cream has been helping, no amount of water. My wine intake is not as much anymore and with the changes I am making in my diet and skin regiem I have been noticing a much clearer visage. Thankfully, France has the best skin creams and things you can get!

But one bad thing about living here, you can get wine ANYWHERE!!! Stores, grocery stores, shops, bakeries, the RER and Metro have little shops and you can get it there..way to accessible.

Hi GG
    well i waited all day for my hangover to subside- and it was from red wine- 3 glasses which I am not used to and 4 beers. usually I switch after 1 glass of wine so I can drink 100 beers instead.....
    started to read MWO- got my approval for Topa, still afraid to take it but will try.
    have you read the book?
    G

G

Comment

Hi GG, I wish I were in France. I got through Saturday, I went to a potluck where everyone brings a bottle of wine and a dish, I brought juice and seltzer and apple crisp didn't drink but then i have a bad cold and sometimes wine and beer can make me congested, so i think it was that that made it easier to stay off the sauce. well good luck Rudemama

Comment

3 glasses of wine instead of 2. Doing taxes!! I am having a very moody weekend. So is the Husband dosen't make for a great time. Today we'll see.
        Have a good Sunday
        mar

Comment

only 2 glasses of wine, usually whole big bottle!
          :new:

Comment

Hi
            CG..I had a good Saturday..some retail therapy to get holiday clothes for a trip to spain next week.

Like you said..us ladies need to take care of out skin...i have crappy skin anyway..lily white...red hair and broken veins..now these veins give me a guilt trip as i decided they were from alcohol(which is a known cause of broken veins)however its laso genetic my mother of 87 has never ever drank and she has a face full of broken veins.

i am determined to look the best i can with what God has given me(I,ll deal with him on that when I get to heaven!)...Red flushed alcohol induced skin is not a good look, dry cracked lips from dehydration is a no no!
            Yesterdays mascara on the pillow(to drunk to remove it?)..not good/

I can cope with skin ageing naturally...well just about...but alcohol causes havoc with skin, teeth, hair etc.................But well done for halving the amount of wine you had..it could have been much worse.

Lets get going on healthy eating..5 portions of fruit and veg, lots of water, exercise....here comes our summer fresh faced look...well we live in hope!!!

6 weeks alcohol free today for muself hubby and close girl friend.....it sure feels like I,ve got FOR THE MOMENT some control...i wont do smug...as pride goes before a fall.

Take care

CassyXX

Comment

Ddi good...one glass of wine. Worked in the yard all day and made the kids a good dinner. Had a good Saturday!

Comment

Hey Cas, If your worried about the red veins there is a procedure called IPL- Impulsed light treatment -that will take them away. It costs about 1000 US. But It works. and is painless
                Smiles
                mar

Comment

Thanks Simey,

i might try that you know..for now i use a good make up product that makes me feel they are less noticeable...on a bad day i feel i should wear a bell round my neck (like the lepers used to) and shout "This is what the booze does to you...dont go there"

Thanks for your advice though cassy

Comment

One glass CHAMPAGNE

3 glasses wine.

2 cups coffee

Not too bad!
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Saturday was good - nothing to drink, husband and I went to a boat show...had lunch, nubby had a beer I had club soda...we had a very nice day for a change. No arguing etc..so today is day 5 AF, going to my nieces bridal shower which I am sure there will be a ton of alcohol (as my side of the family loves to drink - IRISH) but I will be fine. I am not having as hard of a time as I thought I would, but it is only day 5, and I have 25 more to go before I even consider mod.
                      Thank you all for the support with my last thread and sorry I posted it twice...I know I am an alcoholic, just dont like the sound of it.
                      So everyone keep strong the weekend is almost over and everyone has done a great job!
                      CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
                      We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

Comment

HI all, having not too bad a weekend drink wise, not managed AF unfortunately which was my aim but WILL FROM MONDAY - this is know as the Monday Mantra much like NEVER AGAIN.... hu hum. Talking about how ageing alcohol is, I swear I turn into my mother the morning after, but when do manage AF even after a few days I really notice a difference, wrinkles not so bad or so many (or so it seems), clear eyes etc etc. Which makes me ask again and again and again - why do we do it, we all know the answer to that one eh. Alcoholism is no respecter of our gorgeousness !!!

Lorna xx
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Had a great Saturday here. Hubby and I ran a 10K Road Race. Despite injuries, I crossed the finish line in 50'32. Not too bad for being gimpy. Had to be at the start line around 6 so got up at 4:45. Then we had to go get the kids, but we couldn't get the shuttle bus back to the start line until the last people crossed due to closed roads, etc. (takes some of the walkers a good while to do the 6.2) so we jogged the 10K back to the car. We were pretty tired after 12.4 miles so we watched some TV and went to bed early. Needless to say, my shins are screaming today and I can barely walk. Oh well - I suppose it is better than the alternative...
                          :rays: mdb :rays:

Good at being AF. Not so good at Moderation.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

a bad girl!

well, way too much drinking last night, beer and wine as usual.
                            how do i make it home i sometimes wonder?

i had nothing mon-to wednesday and then on thursday I left my Alan Carr's easyway to control drinking at a liquor store, accidentally. how ironic!!

this is bad, i did well at first, not sure why things are not working at the moment. will try again this week, try to go monday to friday AF

Comment

Pretty Good

Happy to say I met my one drink goal on Friday. Did have 2 on Sat. Glass of wine with dinner and we went for a nightcap. Usually I have 2 with dinner so was proud of myself to sip slow.

I'm vying for a one drink limit as one leads to two, two to three for me, etc. So, my plan is 2 spaced very far apart if I'm at a party, wedding, etc. and only 1 if I go out to dinner. We'll see how it goes but I'm proud of the control so far. It's been about 3 weeks with good progress although I've only just started tracking.

Appreciate the support here. Good luck to everyone else!
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X