X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My glass is full

Hey Nursie,

What a terrific twist on an old adage! :thumbs:

Wouldn't that make a great PSA for say a temperance group: room full of revelers, party people all having a great time with their glasses 'completely full! '

Your cup really does runneth over....:l

Very Proud of You :h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

My glass is full

you just made my day!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My glass is full

Wow, your post gave me goosebumps! GREAT job....Zero Tolerance is the only way! I'm so proud of you!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

My glass is full

Another victory for Nursie! Chalk it up as another win against The Beast...you got stronger and he just got weaker!

Wow...MORE annoying than the Olive Garden? I didn't think that was possible! LOL

I've finally realized that nobody really cares what I'm doing...I guess I was pretty narcissistic to think that everyone was focused on whether I was drinking or not! :H

Keep it up...and keep kicking AL's ass!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My glass is full

Nursie, that's outstanding! What a great post!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

My glass is full

88 days! I have never ever gone this far.
              And I recently quit smoking too. I had quit for many years but then started the night my brother was killed.
              I switched to those NJoy electronic cigs (really did the trick to get me over the hump) and when I ran out, I just said I don't want to be a slave to anything.

So I'm sort of a willing slave to food and cooking but I think it's a good thing. I am teaching my 14year old stepdaughter to cook and we are having a blast. Then we start a boot amp class next month which will be something great for us to do together.
              Feeling happy and strong. Hope you all are doing well. I love this place!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

My glass is full

K9Lover;1506043 wrote:
                I've finally realized that nobody really cares what I'm doing...I guess I was pretty narcissistic to think that everyone was focused on whether I was drinking or not! :H

!
                what are you balking about K9???
                We all care what you're doing! . :l

And narcissism s highly underrated.. :H
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

My glass is full

That was great to read Nursie! Well done you,.
                  AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

My glass is full

Nursie;1505723 wrote:
                    As we left, I saw many many full glasses that no one touched. What used to be normal for me, is not normal for everyone else, I just thought it was because I was drunk.
                    OMG, this is so true. For some reason I think drinking while doing anything is normal. But it's not. "Other" people drink to enjoy a beverage. I drink to get that feeling. I LOVE that feeling. To me this is NOT normal behavior. When does this happen to much? I used to be able to control my AL intake. Until I went through a traumatic death. But it happened gradually. AL became my friend and not just a beverage. It's just mind boggling if you think about it that way. Sorry for the rambling. But you were able to put into words what I have been observing for years.
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

My glass is full

Congrats Nursie, it is great reading posts about the success our MWO friends are having, so proud of you!!! Inspiring to say the least, and the reflection piece resonates tremendously as well, I could totally relate, I have never left even a sip of wine in my wine glass when I was drinking , Never Ever Ever, and I could never comprehend those that did , Who would ever in their right mind waste AL??? (past thoughts) I guess that's just one reason that explains my quest to find help, thank goodness for the MWO and thanks so much for sharing your story!
                      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
                      X