Need advice on meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on meds

Hi! I'm just starting out on this forum and am kind of lost. I have been reading some of the posts, but am confused as to what the best treatments are and how to start out trying some of them. I don't want to go to a doctor, as I don't want it on my medical history for obvious reasons (insurance, etc). If I start out by taking Kudzu, is there anything else I should be adding right away and what prescription medicine has been the most successful with the most people on here with the least side effects. I take several prescription medications, so don't want them to interact badly. I can tell you what all I'm taking if that will help. Thanks! :new:

Need advice on meds

Hi JBB! Welcome to MWO! Can you tell us a little about your drinking history? There is a starter package you can order from the store on this site that some have found helpful. Shipping takes a while, so I chose to get the same sups but just from my local store.

If it's actual meds you're looking for, I suggest that you check in on the meds board here. I am on Antabuse and it has worked wonderfully for me. I also did not want anything on my medical record. I spoke with my Dr, "off-the-record" and let him know what I was doing. He was very supportive about it. I'm not on any other meds, though, so I definitely suggest you get some off the record advice about mixing meds. I'm not sure where you are located, but here in the States you can go into a Pharmacy and speak to a Pharmacist about meds interactions and they don't even have to know your name.

Also check into the Newbie's Nest for wonderful caring support nearly 24/7. It's a great place to be and to tell your story.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Need advice on meds

Hi, JBB,

Welcome! There really is unlimited information here. I, too, would advise you to look at the medical threads. I didn't want anything on my record either and I wanted to take baclofen so my dr prescribed it for spasms. I have no insurance so I paid out of pocket. I had no problems with the process.

Look around and post where you think you can get the best help.

kronkcarr

Comment

Need advice on meds

[QUOTE=Siren136;1507691]Hi JBB! Welcome to MWO! Can you tell us a little about your drinking history?

Yes, I can tell you about my drinking history. I started out slowly (one glass of champagne nightly) for six months or so. This was in 2003. Gradually, I increased it until I am up to a whole bottle a night. My husband doesn't approve, but he works out of town so, unless he's home for the weekend, he doesn't know. Every now and then I drink a couple of glasses over a whole bottle. I think I do it for emotional reasons. I know I can go without it, because when I'm on vacation with my husband, I don't have a choice. However, I do have some internet Valium I use on those occasions so that I don't have withdrawal symptoms. I just take one a day so, evidently, I'm not plagued with seizures or DT's or anything. My kids are grown. I'm 67, so I live alone most of the time. I am like others I have read about on here. Every morning I tell myself I'm not going to drink today, but by late evening or night time, I break down & drink. I have gained considerable weight in my stomach from this and that bothers me the most, plus I know what it's doing to my liver, etc. Another thing is, I don't get hangovers, which is kind of a curse really. I also don't get hateful or crazy when I drink, so the only reason I need to quit is because of my family and my health. Any questions, just ask.:new::new:

Comment

Working...
        X