I can do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can do this

Well done on getting over the first week Mkiser. I don't know how my husband would have been if I'd done this in his lifetime. He was my drinking buddy and might well not have liked it one little bit - I think you're very brave getting this far. Hopefully your husband will accept and love the new you.
    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

I can do this

MK,

I'm so sorry to hear about this issue you're having. Quitting drinking is hard enough without relationship issues. My life with my husband has always revolved around drinking too, so I understand this dilemma. We are working through it but it's life-changing to be sure. I hope you can protect your sobriety.

Sending you peace and strength,

UN::lilheart:

Comment

I can do this

Mkiser
        I missed your day 7! I so apologize because on day 7, you get a prize:

:moon:

Feel honored...that represents your accomplishment of staying AF each and every day of the week. Great job!
        I just won't anymore

Comment

I can do this

Thanks jenniech!
          I've made it to day 9! I think it's getting easier... It's so hard to tell when I am in the middle of an urge. I certainly don't feel guilty about having a second helping of dinner now though; I think that may have been one of the craziest bits, my counting calories every day to make certain I could drink as much as I liked every evening.

Comment

I can do this

Dear Mkiser,
            A quick note to send you encouragement in this process. It must be tough to stop drinking with alcohol in the house -- stay strong and close to MWO.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

I can do this

Hi M!

A huge congratulations on day 9! Wow...that is a HUGE accomplishment, and you have my utmost respect for doing it even though your husband is not being supportive. I don't want to judge, but it sounds like he is mentally abusive and you really don't need that right now. Lord knows I can beat myself up enough without someone else doing it for me...that's why I am single!

Keep up your AWESOME work! You deserve the best and you are well on your way...

Love,
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I can do this

OK, K9 and MKiser, I though we could use a little frivolity here after K9's comment.:H:H:H

Comment

I can do this

mkiser, know how you feel. i have told so many lies thru the years - no one believes me anymore - cant blame them!

k

Comment

Working...
                  X