Free is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free is back

Hi all, just a quick note to say I am back among the wired world (was on holiday with no/limited internet connection for two weeks).

While on holiday, I had a few days where I had wine with dinner or while watching the sunset. I had wanted to see if I could moderate my consumption, which I did. But noticed that I started thinking "I think I'll have some wine in camp, after we finish this hike." and decided it is not the life for me. Returned to AF life and feel better for it.

Am still on holiday with my DH, which ends on Sunday. After that, it's more travel for this road warrior.

Missed reading about your lives and efforts to conquer this beast. Great to be back among the MWO community where I hope to be a more active member.

Warmest,
    Free
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Free is back

Sounds like ur doing great! Very nice, glad to see it. Enjoy the rest of ur holiday.
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

Free is back

Hi fre! Very jealous of your travels now as I haven't been anywhere in ages upon ages.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Free is back

Free, welcome back. You and I have been at this a while. What you describe is what seems to happen to all of us. We end up back with the obsession about drinking and ratchet right back up to the problematic levels that F up our lives.

Glad to see you here and look forward to staying in touch.

UN:l

Comment

Free is back

Free, so happy to have you back! Glad that you were able to take some time for yourself, after all the work travels. Thanks for sharing your moderation attempts, I learn and relate so much from reading about the experience of others. I know from reading past posts, that attempts to achieve moderation for some will lead us right back to the beginning when we were so distressed with our AL use, we sought desperately for help. I try not to forget how this was for me, no matter how many Af days I have acquired. Thank goodness the MWO was here!

Hope you really enjoyed the r and r , you totally deserved some vacation time! Welcome back, love having you here on our quest for an AF life, Free! :l
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
          X