X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just new

Hi everyone,

Just joined and wanted to say Hi, I hope everyone is doing OK. :new:
    What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.

Just new

Hi Can See :welcome:

Tell us a little about yourself. Also, you might want to join the Newbie's Nest which is located under Just Starting Out.

Best to you,
    UN

Comment

Just new

Greetings Can see the light! Welcome to MWO!! :welcome:

Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and what brings you to us. How can we help?
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Just new

Hello Can see the Light, Welcome to MWO. Please tell us more about yourself. How can we help? Your user name indicates you have come to a decision about al. Tell us what that is. We may be able to help.:welcome::welcome:

Comment

Just new

Thanks

Hi everyone,
          Thanks for the Welcome. I am 46 and started drinking when I was 18. Have been to appx 11 Detox units since 30. Had my first (and only) child at 33. I syopped drinking (apart from two drinks per week) when I was pregnant. When my daughter was 1 when I started drinking again. Never getting "Drunk" but still drinking. In and out of detox as she was growing up. Left her father when she was 3 1/2. On and off with him for another 7yrs. At 10, after multiple DHS visits she had had enough and went to live with her father. I didn't see or hear from her for over 2 yrs. I made 8mths completly sober, until Feb this year. I busted for 2mths and am back on track again. My daughter has gotten back in contact with me again in April this year :h We are now talking and txting nearly every night and I have sen her a few times. She lives an hr n half away and I am a Disability Pensioner, so I don't have the money to Travel to see her. But, as my "handle" says I now know I can stay sober for me and she is my added bonus to stay sober. I "Can see the light" after many, many fuzzzy years.

Comment

Just new

That's a heartbreaking and beautiful story, CS, thanks for sharing. Best of luck to you. It seems you are currently sober - is that right? For how long this time? We like to celebrate sober time around here!

Read and post here as much as you can. You have been through a lot and I suspect you will have a wealth of information to share. :thanks:
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Just new

welcome Can see,

Your story is heartbreaking. I have not been apart from my children but I have pushed them to the point that they hated being around me. Congratulations on rebuilding that relationship, that was the most rewarding to me besides being sober.

Look forward to learning more about you
              JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Just new

Glad to know you

Thanks to you both. ToSiren136,
                Yes I am Sober now, early stages after my bust. Only 2mths on 22nd May. Before that I had 8mths Totally Sober and before that a 3-5 months here and there. I have a D & A Doc and I did a home detox this time. (She didn't think I could do it) She should know if you tell an alcoholic "No" they just say "I'll show ya" LOL :H We're great at that.....

To JackDanielsGirl
                Take it from me, You don't want to get to that stage. It hurts soooo much when your children don't want to even acknowledge your existense. I always said I would never be in Detox BECAUSE I needed to show DHS that I could look after my daughter, well that didn't happen, coz she made it happen. I missed over 2yrs of my daughter's life because of this horrible disease. It's not worth it. I always knew it, as you would. I just didn't GET IT until it happened. Because I'm on a Disability Pension and now in a rooming house, I have ALOT of time on my hands, so I signed up for over 20 Survey sites. It gives me something to do with my hands, mind and time. I also get incentives, so even if it's $20 Supermarket Giftcard or $20 Paypal, Bank Cr it all helps and gives you the incentive to keep busy. I hope you keep in touch. I feel very strong inside and have no desire to pick up AT ALL I am looking after the inner me instead of what I THOUGHT the outer me should look like. The little things like last night I received a txt from my daughter. She was asked out for the 1st time yesterday and told me before her father. She's starting to trust me again and tells me she loves me more than she ever has. :h
                Best of luck to you both. :thanks:

Comment

Just new

Sooo Proud

I have uploaded a picture of my daughter & I she took of us when I saw her for the first time after so long. Please feel free to comment.

Comment

Working...
                  X