New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Made it through day 2 and am part way through day 3 kind of strange and scary at the same time. I went to grab groceries today and bought a box of wine, no plans to have any at all just have no idea what I was thinking. I guess since this is a country where an earthquake can happen at any moment I wanted to have some in the fridge.

I have been drinking lots of hot chocolate and trying to ignor the cravings, so far so good.

Comment

New here

Solista, this is Addiction Head talking to you (Dick Head). You do not need a safety net, because you are not going to fail. If an earthquake were to happen, would wine make the situation any better? No, only worse. Getting drunk or as I used to say, taking the edge off is not the answer any more. We are beyond that. If you are using wine as a way to cope that is abuse. Get all the AL out of your space. Take it to a neighbor or take it back to the store. Your future is worth more than a $15 box of wine. If you are like the rest of us, we are in the fight of our lives. That wine will grow heads and start speaking in tongues before the day is thru. Get rid of it. Set yourself up for success, not failure. You are doing great on Day 3...keep it going no matter what and no matter who. Trust me, get rid of that wine. (and do not drink it!) Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

New here

Dear Solista,
        Am going to offer my two cents -- dump the wine, don't even think twice about it. You don't want really want it, right?
        Free at Last
        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

New here

Welcome Solista.

I so relate to your reasoning for drinking...... They were mine too!

Only when I quit did I realise that insomnia and nighttime fears were NOT reasons but excuses the addicted part of my brain made to keep on drinking. Fear of sobriety will create any and every excuse and justification ...... It is normal, it IS addiction.

Simple rule of thumb ...... Full tummy, empty drinks cabinet.

Eat well, eat plenty, do not exercise excessively or diet in the early days. Low blood sugar = alcohol cravings.

Get some glutamine powder and USE IT.

The sleep will normalise, we all struggle with PROPER sleep when drinking and it takes time to reset the brain when we get sober.

I wish you courage in these first few days.....within a week the worst will be over.

Comment

New here

Thanks everyone. I am going to do this and see day 3.

Comment

New here

:happyay 3
              Can't believe it and I had a good sleep last night too. The waking up part keeps getting better, no more headaches and dizziness. As for eating well the Ed is very active so that's never been a comfort I can turn to but I am watching lots of YouTube movies and redirecting my thoughts. Will post more soon.

Comment

New here

Wonderful progress! Keep posting and staying close to MWO.
                Free at Last

Comment

New here

Dear Solista,
                  just checking to see how you are doing. If you are posting in Newbies Nest and I missed it, my apologies. I can't always keep up with it
                  Free at Last

Comment

New here

Awww thanks I'm doing well on day 6 and a half and still determined to do this. It's easy and hard ,like being on a roller coaster. I am using hot chocolate to ease the wants but now I'm drinking so much of it my ED mind is starting to freak out.

Comment

New here

Solista, great to hear this. Hope all is well.
                      Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                      X