By The Skin of My Teeth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By The Skin of My Teeth!

Hey guys....thanks for the support. Boy can I relate to everything you guys are saying! I know what you mean...if I have had the glass, I also would have been going to the store on the way home to get a bottle. 1 is NEVER enough (I would say 99.9% of the time).

Tess - I love the idea that you have a group that meets in your home. I wish I had something like that or I knew enough people near me with the same issue to start something like that. It is scary to think that alcohol is patient. I guess it's true, it will wait for us.

Okay so here is what happened tonight....I had the day from HELL. Everything that is usually a trigger went off in full force today. I hate to admit this again but I thought about having a drink. Why not? It's Friday, it's raining, I had a hard week....I deserve it, no kids home tonight (yehaw!) and so on....I was close, really close. Then I thought about posting on MWO (and I promised myself I would be honest while posting), I thought about 8 days and the biggest thought of all was that tomorrow can be Day No. 9 or Day No. 1 AGAIN! So, I poured myself some fizzy water, waited for the feeling to go away, ate dinner and now I'm fine.

Another night of urge surfing and I can't even swim!

Day No. 9 is waiting for me tomorrow....so happy I made it through another day!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

By The Skin of My Teeth!

Miley you are doing wonderfully well. :l
      I am also urge surfing this evening. Lots of child triggers...very loud, screechy girlie triggers... :upset: I ave said before that sometimes I am, surfing a tsunami which could take out the whole pacific northwest...
      I do agree that Alcohol is patient but I also know that I'm not going anywhere! So bring on the Stating Contest..:specs:

Hi Tess. I have a good friend who is very addicted to food (her assessment) and we get together to talk about our struggles. It really is a different perspective. She can't stop eating cheese! I tell her I'm going home and have six grilled cheese and she says she's going home and do shots...:H it does help us laugh at ourselves. This for me is key

Stay close Miley . I'm Off to eat cheese.
      :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

By The Skin of My Teeth!

Kradle123;1517085 wrote:

Hi Tess. I have a good friend who is very addicted to food (her assessment) and we get together to talk about our struggles. It really is a different perspective. She can't stop eating cheese! I tell her I'm going home and have six grilled cheese and she says she's going home and do shots...:H it does help us laugh at ourselves. This for me is key

Stay close Miley . I'm Off to eat cheese.
        :l
        Hi, Kradle

I've been reading Obsessed: America's Food Addiction--and My Own: Mika Brzezinski: 9781602861763: Amazon.com: Books. What is striking to me is how much of what she writes reads just like posts on MWO. I guess addiction is addiction, no matter to what. It is nice that you and your friend have one another to talk to .

Comment

By The Skin of My Teeth!

I go to AA meetings just so I can listen to other people talk about their struggles. It really helps and I get to make sober friends.

The "program" part is difficult for me but there is no rule that says you MUST do all the stuff they suggest you do. Just going to meetings is OK. So, I go pretty much every day. The only problem with it is that I tend to start comparing myself to others which is a very dangerous thing.

It reallly doesn't matter what other people did/do with AL. It doesn't matter that others were far worse off than me. What matters is what I do with AL.....and I just consider myself very lucky to have stopped drinking before the really horrendous things started happening in my life. Because had I continued drinking, I was risking losing A LOT...
          I just won't anymore

Comment

By The Skin of My Teeth!

I love all your posts,thanks.l agree all addictions have similar cravings just with different substances.Lt is learning once we quit this beast alcohol,to not pick up another bad addiction.Read I g and writing here helps a lot,makes me feel normal for having issues. We are all human and we do error,it is good not to beat ourselves up when we fall.l find LM more emotional now but I'm also going through the dreaded met a pause,so l will get through it,a few more times crying but after l cry l feel so much better,anyway have a good day all!

Comment

By The Skin of My Teeth!

NoSugar;1517092 wrote: Hi, Kradle

I've been reading Obsessed: America's Food Addiction--and My Own: Mika Brzezinski: 9781602861763: Amazon.com: Books. What is striking to me is how much of what she writes reads just like posts on MWO. I guess addiction is addiction, no matter to what. It is nice that you and your friend have one another to talk to .
              Thanks for that Link No Sugar! I'm going to pass it on to my friend. More common ground. More support. :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

By The Skin of My Teeth!

Kradle123;1517647 wrote: Thanks for that Link No Sugar! I'm going to pass it on to my friend. More common ground. More support. :l
                I don't agree with the author's approach to diet and health, but the common features of the addictions are really fascinating. ( So, please don't recommend this to her as a 'diet book' !)

Comment

Working...
                X