Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Today Accountability thread

Hello everyone

I have decided to go AF today. I need good food, water, and things to fill my time. I am not going to over think it or analyse everything. I have definitely been here before so I know what to expect but charting my progress is new.

I will just record my progress and thoughts here, fingers crossed.

Day 1 = Tired but hopeful
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Welcome aboard, Hazeleyes!
    Feel free to join us over in the Newbie's Nest, we have lots of activity there and folks in all stages of quitting! Also, if you haven't already, check out the Tool Box for tons of tips and coping skills to help. Both links are in my signature line. We are glad you are here....Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

good for you hazeleyes
      being accountable daily is a good thing I go straight to drink tracker and thats helps you to be accountable
      will be glad to help you and keep track of your record
      I'm on day 12 and feeling great and stopped cold turkey also have no regrets knowing when I wake up in the morning I know exactly what I did the night before have to admit though I'm just now starting to ease off the panadols ......before I took them before for the hangovers now I take it for the withdrawls hopefully by the end of week 2 I'll be free of them also

Comment

Thanks Byrdie and witts end, it's nice to be welcomed.

End of Day 1
        So far so good, some cravings but had a good meal and keeping busy with work has helped.
        Day 2 evening plans so should be good until Thurs night.

I love being AF because I have a clear head and my husband and I can talk without tension.
        Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

good for you hazeleyes keep it up

Comment

Hazleeyes, I have found posting every day helps. It kinda make you more committed. Good Luck!

Comment

Hazeleyes - I just wanted to say hi and lend my support. I love your avatar...it reminds me of my cat. Good going on day 1!!!
              Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
              [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Hi hadit and miley, thanks for posting your comments

Day 2
                Keeping busy with work, lots of water, and feeling some strange stomach pains. I think it might be my liver groaning...so far I'm ok. Taking milk thistle for my liver.

I love being AF because I have more energy, and the day looks brighter.

Comment

Hazleyes, I have been around MWO for a few years. Many people say IT gets easier. At the start of my quit I never could quite believe that. But it is true,it does get easier.The first few days or weeks are the hardest. When you think about it logically, like giving up the cigs, and as the cravings weaken,it must surley get easier. Not for everyone,but I found confronting al in the early days as often as possible, helped a lot. It seemed that every time I won over al, it reeiforced that I was the stronger one. The cravings seemed to weaken much more quickley and were not as strong.Good Luck!

Comment

hazeleyes just keep remembering why you want to stop

Comment

Hi Hazeleye, I think the accountability thread is a really good tool, especially in getting significant consecutive AF time under your belt. Will follow you progress with interest.
                      Free at Last
                      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

:welcome: Hazeleyes,

you are on a good path. I have quit many times before and it sucks for the first few days; however, you also know it gets better.

Good luck on your journey and don't be a stranger. Hop over to the newbies nest its always busy and there is plenty of butt Velcro(to keep us stuck on the right path).
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hello freeatlast and JackDanielsGirl - thanks so much for your comments and encouragement.

Day 3
                          It was harder last night to refrain but decided to make Eccles cakes instead. They turned out great and filled in the craving for wine. I have been reading the Toolbox and that certainly helps.

I love being AF because it stops me wasting money on Al.

Comment

Hazeleyes :welcome:

Come join us on the June AL free thread , I find the monthly threads really helpful. We are almost half way through June AF!!! I'm with free at last, will check on you here as well. :l
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Hi Hazeleyes,

Great work! 3 days and finding things to distract you, fantastic! In a way I was SORT OF lucky for my first weekend because the headache I had while detoxing was ferocious but hey, gotta deserve some pain considering what I did to my liver!!

Keep up the great work and stay close!! XO

Comment

Working...
                              X