11 Days Sober - First Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long tough day at work yesterday. When I was getting ready to leave I thought I sure could use a glass of wine. Then I thought why not chamomile tea? Way less chance of waking up with a headache! I ordered Thai take out and stuffed myself. Felt good at the time but my belly ached afterward! Still, a far cry from putting away a bottle of red and passing out, waking up feeling all lazy and puffy. I love being AF!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Wow, 141 days, 13 pounds lost, a pile of money saved, a promotion, working on life's goals....

I, too, am Canadian and a red wine drinker. I've been here forever and you quit the first time you dropped in and stayed that way. What an inspiration.

Spent last night with a sobbing, drunk friend and saw, again, with my own eyes, the depressant that alcohol is. You rock, sober sister!! Please keep posting. I will be following you.
      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Just wanted to drop in & say great choice on the tea instead of the wine!!! You are rocking this. :goodjob:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

PS - I hope that I start dropping the weight soon.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sober Soul I think I learned so much reading of others trying to moderate or relapsing. I knew I had to just let it go. It's been tough at times but well worth the discomfort!

Nora thanks! My latest shopping treats are new tea strainers! I bought one that you put the leaves in and it hangs on the side of your mug!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

I decided my 1000th post should be here, where I started. It's been 149 days since I gave up AL. I can't say I never think of it any more, but I like the AF life, and I won't mess that up.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

You became a senior citizen pretty quickly :H - with so many insightful and helpful posts! So glad you are here :l.

Comment

Thanks NS! I'm feeling a little out of it in the nest these days but that's ok I will put in my two cents worth when I can!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

The Nest is HARD to keep up with! Just do what you can...that's what I do. I can't mention everyone but I hope they know my comments are for the good of the group! Lol
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 yep I used to feel like I knew everyone and I split screen to make comments hoping to catch everyone but I am just not feeling as connected as I used to be. That's ok they have each other!
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

I love it when you seniors pop into the Nest!:h It helps all of us, even if we aren't individually named, to hear the experiences of and gain insight from people who have been on the path a while-- speaking for myself, of course, but I think you're appreciated by many! 3June, Congrats on 5 months-- your life sounds cosy and fulfilling. I'm looking to start spanish lessons this January (have been saying that for 6 years! but I'm serious this time!) See you around....

Comment

Hi June, I read your first post the some more recent ones. Congrats on your af time! How inspiring. I want to be where you are Odat. It can be done as you and so many people here prove over And over again. Your original post sounds like me. And there are so many people that I can relate to as al seems to do the same nasty things to all of us. Again, great work. Keep it goin sista!
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks for your support j-vo, reading others' stories and learning from their successes got me to where I am now. So I want to give back in any way I can.

lifechange I love that I am a senior now! The nest was there for me when I was new and I love how everyone is there for each other now too. MWO saved my life.
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

30 Great Reasons to Quit Drinking Alcohol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTH-Mrm8YS8[/video]] Great video!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Getting close to six months AF. I still play the head game once in a while, you know, the one where you think well I have it all under control now so I can have a few glasses at Christmas right? Wrong! If there's one thing I've learned here on MWO it's never let your guard down and never have that first drink. It can only lead to trouble. Why would I ruin what I have worked so hard to achieve?
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X