On becoming joyfully AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On becoming joyfully AF

Five days must be up soon? You're off for Christmas, how nice!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Thanks, June. Two more days of work and then I am homeward bound. Right now I am scheduled to have a month off, though I am traveling with my DH for 2.5 weeks--but for holiday!

Continuing on my AF path, always grateful in the morning that I didn't drink the night before.
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

An packed, ready to check out then hit the gym, get a massage, eat a good meal, and make the drive to the airport and the two 8+ hour flights home. Calculated last night that I have been away 77nights out of past 120 days. Sooooooo ready to be home, with DH and my dog who probably doesn't recognize me anymore. Happy to report another AF day and no intention to drink during the flights home, or thereafter for that matter.
        Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Have a safe trip home, Free, and enjoy your long time off! I'm sure your pup will know you - one sniff and he'll probably be going crazy. You sure are sounding strong in your AF commitment. It is SO SO SO worth it. :l

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Thanks, NS. The strength waxes and wanes, but that is probably the case for everyone. Right now, I have so much work to finish before the end of the year, I can't imagine doing anything to dull my brain. And, being able to get a week of regular exercise and meals has been helpful.

Am in an airport lounge (I sound like a broken record) trying to cram in one more completed report before boarding the next leg. Happy to have woken up from the first leg of this flight with with a clear head.
            Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Ah, to finally be home -- am feeling a little like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Been to far away places, seen unusual sights, met characters hard to describe, and realize there is no place like home.

My dog greeted me with a look like "oh, I thought the dog walker was coming for me." He sat by the door as I was back six hours later than expected and he needed his walk. He is cautiously coming around to hanging out with me (little does he know we are off on holiday next week!).

Slept my usual 12 hours, up at O dark thirty due to jetlag and now cranking out end of year reports. Happy to report am feeling productive and joyful -- in large part due to being AF.
              Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Welcome home

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Thanks, I CAN. So glad to see you here. How are you doing?
                  Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Off for a two week+ holiday with my dear husband. He stopped drinking completely to support me in this quit so this will be another AF holiday for me. Looking forward to being fully present for these holidays. Internet will be sporadic so may not be posting much, if at all, until first week in Jan.

Best wishes for a joyous holiday season.
                    Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

free at last;1600298 wrote: Off for a two week+ holiday with my dear husband. He stopped drinking completely to support me in this quit so this will be another AF holiday for me. Looking forward to being fully present for these holidays. Internet will be sporadic so may not be posting much, if at all, until first week in Jan.

Best wishes for a joyous holiday season.
                      Have an awesome, restful, joyful holiday, Free! I hope to "check in" while we are away. Returning 14th January.
                      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Enjoy your holidays ladies!
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Hi Strong, have a great time in Oz and come back ready for the new year.
                          June, thanks for the well wishes. Very much need this down time and time with my DH.

Best wishes everyone.
                          Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Safe travels FAL, and compliments of the season.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Hi all, happy to report a very sober Christmas Eve and Christmas for me. Best wishes to everyone for a joyous holiday and strength to work toward your goals.
                              Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Hi, Free

I hope you're enjoying your vacation and the break from your challenging job. I'm glad you had a nice holiday. We've been busy but are having a lot of fun.

:h NS

Comment

Working...
                                X