On becoming joyfully AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On becoming joyfully AF

free at last;1695036 wrote: Quick update--250 miles and 47000 feet up and down. No way I could do this if I was chained to AL.
    Wow, how awesome!
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Thanks, Fin. So glad to see you back on MWO boards.

Update from the trail. Just finished 350 miles of backpacking. Another 130 before we end this adventure. Today is 90 consecutive, joyfully AF days for me.
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Free at Last, 90 days! Congratulations!

Pie :goodjob:

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Thanks, Pie. Continuing on the AF path and feeling good.
          Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

free at last;1679718 wrote: Update from the road.

Our lives have taken on a pattern. We camp in National Forests, either in primitive sites (no facilities, pump your water from the river/creek) or basic sites (toilet, picnic table, firepit but no shower or electricity). We try to stay in one place for 3-5 days and head into a town every week or so for a hot shower, laundry, a grocery shop, and hopefully a phone/internet connection.

We wake at first light. Breakfast is leisurely -- coffee, followed by blueberry pancakes, or quesadillas, or veggie and eggs. We then set out for a hike -- something between 2-7 hours, depending on the weather and how we are feeling. If it is a short/low elevation day, we get back to camp in time to clean up, do some laundry, practice yoga for a hour or so, and then it is time to make dinner. If it is a long hike, we stumble into camp, do a minimal clean up and eat whatever can be quickly prepared. We usually have a salad with dinner and then either pasta or rice with some kind of curry, or canned black beans and a tortilla. AL is not part of the menu this trip!

We fall into bed sometimes before it is dark, exhausted from a good day with lots of physical activity. I find that the time being quiet, listening to the sounds around me, is so good for renewing my soul. At the end of each day, I count the 4-5 things specific to that day for which I am grateful.

I am beginning to understand the sense of peace that comes from being in nature for extended periods.
            OMG just catching up here. Your life is amazing! I am thrilled for you!!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Yo FAL!

Top of the wednesday morning from downunder.

How are you doing? Safe and sound i trust.

All good here. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Hi all,
                Quick check in. We had several intense storms and had to stay put in the mountains for several days. Happy to report that we finished the "big backpack" trip -- 500+ miles (including the "practice" trip). Also pleased to report that today is 106 consecutive AF days for me. Had some thoughts of celebrating the completion of the backpack trip with wine or champagne but they passed in a few moments. Onward!
                Free at Last

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Very inspiring Free! Keep up the great work!
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Congratulations on 106 days AF Fal!

That is absolutely sensational. Keep it going friend.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

On becoming joyfully AF

Hi FAL, super congratulations on your AF time! It sounds like you had a great trip too. Great to see you.
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Free are you still around??? My tag is open halo now, but it is me, halo!

Comment

Free sending you warm holiday greetings! Wishing you well.

Comment

Me, too, Free! I think you're traveling right now. I hope all is well and that you're having FUN!

Comment

Working...
                            X