• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 - Pls help me be accountable - New thread

Day 23 - still going strong and loving life! :heart::heart:

Comment

Day 28 - two more days until I hit the big 30. Feeling better than ever although I do need to be aware of a possible relapse. Ive read too many stories here about people going back to a drink once they hit the 30 or 40 day mark. I plan on staying sober for life. So perhaps that is my plan, instead of saying "one day at a time" (because as Sandra Bullock said in 28 Days, 'how else are we going to live life, 3 or 4 days at a time' ), I am going to start looking beyond and envision myself in many different situations AF. That seems to work so far in my daily life, so now the new goal is to see it, vividly, in all future circumstances.
      I am no longer afraid to plan ahead- weeks, even months. I no longer stand in the way of being my best possible self. I can count on me again. I am beginning to find inner peace & happiness, and truly feel I am on the path to living a joyful & meaningful life. It feels good to like, sometimes even love myself. What more can a girl ask for?
      Onwards :heart::heart:

Comment

Hi LS you're doing great! That's 4 weeks of making new choices, and making new habits. Right on!
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Hi, LS

You have made so much progress in such a short time.

I'm glad you have taken all the warnings to heart about not becoming complacent. It takes just one bad decision to undo all you have accomplished, sad to say. The vigilance has to be for life but from what people have posted here, as long as you don't mess around and stay AF, it gets easier and easier.

Please stick with us - daily reading and posting can help keep your head where it needs to be.

Congratulations on your 4 successful weeks!

Love, NS

Comment

Ls you are doing great. 28 days is huge. Give yourself something special for that 30days. That's what I have been doing. Yes planning ahead, seeing myself in situations af and looking forward to life again.
            :thumbs:
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
            X