Im new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im new

I am new, if i can make it to 30 days I will be shocked. I do not drink everyday, but when i drink I will keep drinking until I black out. I dont know how my husband can even stand it. I am a typical Soccer Mom, PTA, Team Mom, Room Mom you name it. From the outside I appear to have it all together but inside I am struggling almost daily with this craving. I hate it. I hate that something has control over me. I want to win this battle. I need some tips... This is a very difficult cycle to break.
    My kids are starting to notice and have made comments about me being drunk and detest myself for letting that happen. My daughter is entering her teen years and I so not want to be a bad influence.
    Is there a tracker on this site where you log in daily so you have accountability? :new:

Im new

welcome sparkles,im happy you want to take control of your drinking now,i was just thinking about how my drinking affected my kids,i didnt start drinking until they were pre-teen and i kept going for years how i wish i could go back in time and live even a few days with them sober,i wasted time dont be like me,theres alot of support on this site,i wouldnt have any sober days if not for this place,again welcome
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Im new

Hi, sparkles143,

Welcome! You can post each day on this thread you've started. That way you're accountable and a new person can read your experience from the start all in one place.

I was much like you--seemed to have it all together outwardly and once I started drinking I drank til there was no more. I found this site, found posters I trusted, PMed a few and read and read.

Someone will be along with the link to the Newbies Nest and other pointers to get the most out of MWO. Best wishes on this worthwhile journey!

Comment

Im new

Sparkles, welcome

You sound like so many of us here - I would suggest posting in the Newbie's Nest under Just Starting Out. There's lots of support there and people who check in daily.

Also, here is a link to the Drink Tracker:

Welcome to My Way Out

Best to you,
        UN

Comment

Im new

Hi, Sparkles and welcome!

At the beginning, the Newbies Nest is a great place to hang out (see the link below). There are people at all stages of getting off alcohol and everyone there is ready to help one another.
          It is not always busy over the weekends but at some point, someone will stop by and answer any questions or concerns you might post.

The other link below is to the toolbox -- it is full of great ideas to help you.

For day to day accountability, there is a Roll Call thread where people go in daily and post what day they are on. It can be very motivating.

Also, this can be your own journal where you record your thoughts and feelings. It will be a great tool for you to come back to if you start forgetting about how bad you feel right now and start romanticizing drinking. Just come read your own words -- that should stop you from taking a drink!

Anyway, I'm glad you are here. Hope to see you over in the nest! :h NS

Comment

Im new

Hey Kronk!!! That'd be me!!!
            Sparkles, welcome! There are 2 links in my signature line...The Newbie's Nest is a great place to be with people in all stages of quitting. We can help you get thru the first's of all this. You can reach out to people ahead of you, and behind you! It's an active thread, and we are on point, so it's a great place to learn. The second link is the Tool Box. There are 7 years of tips and coping skills in there to help you learn about this affliction we have. Read and POST!!! I'm so glad you found us!!! We can help! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Im new

Dear Sparkles,
              I know exactly how you feel, 3 1/2 months ago I was exactly where you are now. I didn't drink every day but when I did I could never, ever stop. My husband wasn't taking it and wanted out if I couldn't or wouldn't stop. Today I have 100+ sober days, this can be you!. In order to have some success, you need to read the MWO and post every day! This is so important and once you do, I just know you will get those 30 days AF (alcohol free) . For those that search out this forum, (and that was me), I believe we are searching for a better life for ourselves and our family and today I can most definitely say that an alcohol free life is definitely a better one. You deserve this and so does your family. There are many incredible, kind helpful people on this forum. Wishing you all the best, just remember you just need to start with day 1... let that day be today...
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Im new

Hi Sparkles and welcome

Everyone has given you sound advice already, would just like to second what Halo says, stick around and read a lot, check out the tool box and newbies nest for starters try and post at least daily.

You will win this battle,

Best wishes xx

Comment

Im new

hello sparkles and welcome
                  you can do I have 30 days up 2 day and am feeling great ....
                  Happy I know what I did last night and am starting to do things which I have put off
                  am slowly to do a spring clean (even if it is winter)

Comment

Im new

Hey Sparkles, welcome to the gang. No Sugar gives the two best links when starting the battle. Get stuck into the Newbies Nest and read the tool box thread.

Oh, and read and post and read and post.

30 days will be yours... and beyond.

RC

Comment

Im new

witts end;1525273 wrote: hello sparkles and welcome
                      you can do I have 30 days up 2 day and am feeling great ....
                      Happy I know what I did last night and am starting to do things which I have put off
                      am slowly to do a spring clean (even if it is winter)
                      Witts end- well done to you on 30 days :goodjob:

Comment

Im new

Sparkles welcome! Your honesty will help you through this. Be honest with yourself. You have started by opening up to us, and how does that feel? Scary a little eh? But liberating too? Once it's out in the open it needs to be dealt with. You are doing the right thing. We all had a day one and we will be here to help you through the next days. How are you feeling this morning? Day two?
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                        X