Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 days AF

Hi Kids,
    Today is 8 days AF..Saturday was my nieces bridal shower, full of booze but I stayed strong and drank my club soda and tonic and it helped that my brother 2 yrs AF showed up and gave me support. It wasnt that bad as I have it etched in my brain that I am going 30 days AF.
    For the past two nights I have had dreams that I drank. The first one I had a sip of wine and said hey I cant be drinking and put it down. Last night in my dream I was in Key West by myself, had a drink in hand knowing I shouldnt but noone was there to snitch or see me so I gulped it down then felt horrible. Anyone else have these dreams? Weird.
    I am feeling ok, believe me I do want to go have a drink, wishing I could have JUST ONE but know that I cant even try it yet.
    So I am gonna keep on trucking, reading here and posting, working out everyday and taking care of ME!
    Thanks for being here!:thanks:
    We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

8 days AF

Great job on the 8 days Barbie!!! Those drinking dreams are pretty common. I used to get them all of the time when I was pregnant. I would wake up SO relieved to know I had not drank. Keep at it. You are doing great!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

8 days AF

You are doing a great job Barbie,
      keep on trucking girl, it gets easier.
      See you later, Lori
      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

8 days AF

Hi Barbie Ellen.
        Well done.

Comment

8 days AF

thanks for the support guys!!!!!! Makes life easier!
          We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

Comment

8 days AF

Well done Barbie,

Yes the dreams are common...I remember several...I hated myself for drinking when I said I would not...them woke up and was so glad it was just a dream.

Keep up the good work..one day at a time will do it!!!
            Control the Mind

Comment

8 days AF

Sounds more like nightmares!!!! You are doing great, keep strong!!
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

8 days AF

YOU ROCK!!!! keep it up...the dreams come to me all teh time...i am always glad when they are not real...thats for your post earlier...they realyy help....keep up the great work.....you should be so proud....buck

Comment

8 days AF

Good Job Barbie! Keep on doin' what your doin'
                  Smiles
                  mar

Comment

8 days AF

Guilt is a strong motivator--even if its guilt from dream. It's your subconcsious warning you of how you'd feel if you really chugged down a drink before you've reached your goal. Congratulations on Day 8. I haven't reached that point, but success stories like yours gives me more motivation than ever!

Julie

Comment

8 days AF

COngrats!!!
                      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
                      X