Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence! An AF July

Hi all,
    Just a note to report I am back among the internet connected. Last week of my consulting gig I was in extremely limited internet connection. Now back in USA, here for a week before heading off on holiday. Will try to catch up with everyone's progress in the next few days. Continuing my AF journey.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Independence! An AF July

Hi Jenniech,
      Great to read your post. I remember a few weeks ago when you were posting that the thoughts of AL were often present -- so glad to learn they finally diminish. You will soon be celebrating six months. Fantastic.

Thanks to all for your encouragement. The monthly thread sure helps me.
      Free at Last

Comment

Independence! An AF July

hello everyone
        how are you all doing to-day
        mylife hope your feeling better now .... please don't sabotage what you have done it's not worth it
        jenn glad your feeling great

Comment

Independence! An AF July

Hello everyone, what an inspirational post jenniech, so glad to hear you are doing well! Just in town for a day and wanted to say a great big hello, to no sugar, free, my life, witts end, jenniech and everyone else ! We are almost to the end of July everyone, excellent work living the AF life..:l
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Independence! An AF July

Hi, there, Halo.

Are you home from your vacation? I hope you had a fabulous, relaxing time. We've been good kids while you were gone but it will be nice to have you back posting regularly!

:h NS

Comment

Independence! An AF July

Hi all,
              I am writing to say that I made a deliberate choice to drink yesterday, and of course, am extremely remorseful today about my destructive actions. I really have no excuse except that I was just very overcome with sadness about a lot of things, some personal, some larger, like the state of the planet. I didn't want to feel the emotions I was having and drank to blot them out. Today, I still have the sadness but also had to look into my DH's sad eyes of not knowing how to help me with this addiction.

While I can rack up 30-40 AF days with all kinds of stresses (flights, business dinners, alone in hotel rooms), I can't seem to get a solid second month of AF life. It's almost as if I deliberately choose to fail at what I know I have to succeed at. So, I filled a prescription for AB and will start taking it tomorrow. Even though I will be backpacking for next two weeks, we will be staying in huts, villages, and camping grounds. I want to remove the option for any consumption of wine.

Please know how much I appreciate all of you and the support you provide me and each other. I will be offline for at least two weeks but plan to report in on August 7 that I have been AF since July 19th. Thanks, all.
              Free at Last

Comment

Independence! An AF July

No Sugar, thanks for the well wishes, I am actually home for two days and then gone again for two weeks. Tough being away from the site but feeling pretty good. I know we are pretty fortunate to have a cottage as it is smokin, smokin hot in the city this month! Last night went out and had AF moijitos, which were delicious, and while friends are waking up with hangovers in the bloody heat, I am so happy to not have to endure that pain . This is what is keeping me on the course thus far that and I am celebrating the big 40 at the end of this month. Thanks so much to the MWO that has helped me get 4 + months AF before I left my 30s behind.

Ah free, we are so here for you, and so proud of you. You are so in tune with what you need to do and always face yourself head on, I find you inspiring. The most important thing is to get back on the AF train, we are always here, and I know you can get that AF time, without a doubt it is yours! Have a wonderful back packing vacation, and remember an AF life is indeed a better life and you deserve it!! Sending you lots of support :l :l
                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Independence! An AF July

Almost there, the end of july is almost here everyone! And another month of AF time under our belt!

Comment

Independence! An AF July

Hi Halo,
                    Now that I am back from holiday, I wanted to write to thank you for your great support. Am now on day 20 AF and feeling pretty good. While I was away you would have celebrated your 40th birthday. I hope it was lovely. Wanted to say that I think you are so smart for going AF while still in your 30s. It was in my 40th year that my drinking went from occasional to regular and very quickly to nightly. I stopped exercising as regularly and used red wine as a stress release mechanism. Now, 15 years later I am determined to get my once joyful life back. So glad you are 15 years ahead of me!

Look forward to seeing your posts when you return from holiday. Warmest,
                    Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                    X