Upcoming vacation gitters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My weekend was full of drinking. I have not drank since Sunday but I sure want to tonight. Last night I was up until 2am. Could not sleep for the life of me. I'm not drinking enough to going through a full blown detox but man the thought of a drink sounds so good. I can't believe this...my health is threatened and STILL all I can think about is drinking. I hate this freaking addiction so much!!! I even told my self if I wanted to I could drink this weekend and I only have 2 days to go and am already thinking about cheating. I'm so disappointed in myself. And if you ask if I'm ready...maybe I'm not! If I wait til I'm "ready" I'll be dead!

Ok, gripe is over. I know I'm the only one that can make this happen. But ugh!!!!!!

Comment

Hi sake welcome back! From all I've read it seems that each time we quit the withdrawals are tougher. I really think the only way to fix how you're feeling right now is to decide you're done with it and then do whatever you have to do to make it stick. How did you get through the first week when you quit before? What kept you gong?
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

June - That's a really good question and I need to think about it. I guess the first thing that comes to mind is just proving to myself that I could go without it. I just set my mind that I wasn't going to drink..and I didn't.

I'm going to give your question some thought because it is a really important one!
        Thanks for giving me something to really think about.
        Amber

Comment

Hi Sake,

I think anyone who has tried to quit multiple times can attest to the fact that it gets harder, not easier each time you try to quit, as June said. With each quit it's easier to just give up and give in because you feel more and more weak and worthless. It won't get better unless you do something different.

I suspect this forum is your only accountability. Have you told anyone else about your desire to quit? If not, you need to. You don't need to make a grand announcement to the world, but just quietly tell a couple of people you spend a lot of time with and ask for their help. I tried to do it on my own and was a spectacular failure! The more people I told - people I know care about me - the better I did. And it helps to say the words "I don't drink" out loud to people. The more you say it, the faster you'll start to believe it yourself.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Sake

The same thing happened to me when I went on vacation 3 weeks ago. I had 30 days AF then my drinking was much like yours while I was on vacation. I came back and was back into my same bad habits in no time. I'm trying to get back on track because I desparetly want to. I'm starting to see al as the poison that it really is

I've been trying to post daily, even if its just a little bit and I told my husband that I'm back on the AF wagon. I'm wishing you the best...I think many on here know what it feels like. Stay close!

Miley
            Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
            [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Working...
            X