365 Days of Being Thankfully Sober.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day two of my new goal. 365 days of being thankfully sober is my new mission and I have no choice but to make it! My friend did 365 days of being thankful when his son died. He had no choice, he had to get through it so he chose to do it with thankful posts.
    I will take a page from his incredible journey and begin my own 365 for my sobriety. Because without sobriety, I will have nothing.

Day 1- was the worst hangover and shame I have ever felt. I have no idea how I got my pajamas on or how I scraped up my knees and hurt my foot. I am thankful that I have MWO to support me, to support each other and that God gives us lots of chances to get it right.

Day 2- today I am thankful that I still have the opportunity to be sober. That nothing so bad happened that I can't climb up from here. I'm thankful I can share my journey with you.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Woah - 1 complete year goal AF. Amazing. Awesome and Alltogether wonderful.

-S- :goodjob:

Comment

What a good way to keep a positive outlook and find something good in every day.
      Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
      AF - July 31, 2013
      :lordhelpme:

Comment

Nursie;1527440 wrote:

Day 1- was the worst hangover and shame I have ever felt. I have no idea how I got my pajamas on or how I scraped up my knees and hurt my foot. I am thankful that I have MWO to support me, to support each other and that God gives us lots of chances to get it right.
        Let your wounds be a reminder of why you want to change. At my worst, i drank a quarter gallon of whiskey and kicked my bathroom door off the hinges breaking my hot water heater pipe and flooding water on my newly laid wood floor. Drunk as shit and it snowing i ran around outside trying to turn the water off. I was soaked and in my boxers. I ran to the braker box next to turn the water heater braker off and shocked myself nearly to death ( i was soaked). Then since i was so drunk on whiskey and the floor was wet, i kept falling down and eventually passed out on a portable radiator heater. I have permanent scars to remember that night. It still doesn't compare to the 30+ stitches i had to have in my arm and leg from wrecking.

You can do this, just remember what you said, god gives us chances, and you'll get it right. Use your previous experience to support your decision to get sober. I was so hard headed it took multiple near death experiences to let me know that god was in charge and that i needed to change my ways. In a way, you'd be better off if you would have broke your foot. I know that sounds crazy, but if you're like me, i needed a reeaaal strong wakeup call. My experience with near death and getting sober has only strengthened my relationship with god, which was almost non existent.

T.I. said something smart, god will change your life when you least expect it
        and god will take you through hell, just to get you to heaven.

You'll be a better person from your experience, i try not to feel bad about my past abuse of drugs and alcohol. Eminem said, maybe i needed to go to that place to get here... "I'm not afraid"

I know many won't listen to rap, but i listen to all music that has a positive message and it's irrelevant if you do or don't, you still get the point i hope.

Post back how you're doing, i find the more crap that goes wrong, the harder it is to stay sober, too much stress without substance abuse makes me almost go insane. That's just my behavior though, a very badly chosen outlet i used for myself.

I set my goals by the month btw. That way if i make it to a year i won't know it and just be thinking, well, cmon man, another month of sobriety, you can do it. I'm hoping this way, one day i'll just forget about drinking or using drugs and won't have to think about it.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Life affords no higher pleasure, than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes, and seeing them gratified. He that labours in any great or laudable undertaking, has his fatigues first supported by hope, and afterwards rewarded by joy

Comment

Congratulations on Day 2 Nursie. I'm right there with you and have a similar goal in my mind. I also told myself it just has to be done. No questions or whining, so might as well be grateful.

You can do this! :h:goodjob:

Comment

i know you can do it nursie
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nursie,

I wish you well on your journey of a life being AF.

You are a lovely lady and you deserve success and you will do it this time.

Much love Flossie xx
              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Day 3-
                Oh how I wish it were just embarrassing myself and hurting myself falling down. Most of it is a black out. I have little flashes of being carried to the car, my 5 year old son asking if I was ok, sticking my feet out the window on the way home, my husband stopping for ice team while I was passed out in the car (feet still sticking out? Idk!) did people see me? Idk! We had company over while I was still passed out in the car in the garage. What was going through my son's mind? Why the hell is my foot still hurting?

Today I am thankful that I picked myself back up. I'm thankful that I am not letting that night define who I am but solidify who I am NOT.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie, we are proud of you, for picking yourself back up, for facing and telling the truthing, which helps the rest of us in the process and for coming back to the MWO and knowing that you can have a better AF life. We are here for you and I will be following your path, I want 365 days too!
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

hello nursie good for you I'll be here following you and we can both help each other
                    I'm doing it @ month at a time Done 1 now heading for 2

Comment

I'm doing one day at a time, one month at a time, but this is my 365 day journey!
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

good for you nursie do what works for you
                        how do you get the little characters from ...good job
                        day 1 done
                        week 1 done
                        1 month done
                        week 5 done
                        I'm with you

Comment

Wit, you get them from where you edit your profile.

Day 4- today I am thankful for a family gathering with lots of food that involved no alcohol. I saw wine on the table and I instantly thought "surely I could have a glass" before I remembered....I don't drink. And the wine was not served either so it was a bonus! Thankful.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

365 days is an awesome goal! Best of luck.

Any reward at the end of the year.

Comment

I'm so happy for you Nursie! We all know it has nothing to do with luck. It's determination for a better, healthier, brighter, positive life for ourselves and those we love. It's determination to show our children a better way to live, so that they don't perpetuate the cycle that most of us saw as we grew and beame adults who used alcohol because we hadn't formed healthy coping mechanisms when we encountered stress.

You will be amazed at how wonderful each moment of every day is without alcohol. It's been quite a while for me since I drank. Believe it or not, eventually you don't even think about alcohol. So, as I read your posts, it drug me back to all the same stupidity that I experienced. Waking up with injuries I couldn't remember getting, mortifying memories that came back to me in vague snapshots over time, sobbing remorse for what I'd done or said to those I loved the most in the world.

It's all gone now... It's been gone for over 5 years and several months. I wish the same for you. I wish the same for everyone here. It's a choice, but not an easy one. It's like the roller coaster- in the beginning, it's hard. The tick, tick, tick as the cart climbs to the impossible crest at the highest height, as real struggle as are your early days. But you can make it there - then whooooosh! Days fly by, weeks and months fly by and then you are in the final flat stretch of finally finding your way back to the day-to-day calm stretch of "life without alcohol". It's a peaceful and lovely way for me. It's just living life as it's meant to be lived. Love to all!
                              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X