I'm not going to drink today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi NS - I have plans this week to walk in the evenings at my witching hour after dinner. I have enough novels to take me thru the first 30 days, I think.

I called a few friends last night I haven't spoken to in a while and that was a really good distraction. My phone never rings at night cause I've trained everyone not to call me in the evenings, I would never pick up, or, if I did, I felt great remorse the next day and had little recollection of the conversation. It felt so good to catch up with old friends, and it is touching to know I've been missed.

That's another positive on being AF, no remorse (at least for the past week) - what a great feeling!

Thanks for checking in on me.
    "A good garden may have some weeds"
    Thomas Fuller

Comment

Gardener;1530153 wrote: Hi NS - I have plans this week to walk in the evenings at my witching hour after dinner. I have enough novels to take me thru the first 30 days, I think.

I called a few friends last night I haven't spoken to in a while and that was a really good distraction. My phone never rings at night cause I've trained everyone not to call me in the evenings, I would never pick up, or, if I did, I felt great remorse the next day and had little recollection of the conversation. It felt so good to catch up with old friends, and it is touching to know I've been missed.

That's another positive on being AF, no remorse (at least for the past week) - what a great feeling!

Thanks for checking in on me.
      I don't miss those follow-up conversations where I'm frantically trying to remember what was said or planned! Trying to ask questions that will give me clues without being obvious... What a nightmare! I definitely don't want to go through that ever again!

Comment

Wow does that sound familiar The plans I've made after AL only to realise the next day I'm actually going to have to follow through with. Nightmare.

Would be good to support each other, without a doubt .
        :wings::

Comment

wow is right I can totally relate to all that
          and yes it is good to plan something and actually do it
          thanks for being here everyone
          and no I wont be drinking to-day

Comment

Hi Tink - What are you doing this evening to take your mind off? By all means, lets stick together, feel free to vent with me anytime. Looking forward to hearing from you.

You too Kradel!
            Thomas Fuller

Comment

My sisters and I all drink and I have such a vivid memory of my eldest sister calling me up years ago to wish me happy birthday....2 days in a row... :H

I have definitely drunk and dialed! I wish I could remember what I said.. Well, actually it's probably best I don't...

Day 8- Ms. Gardner and Ms. Tink ! Tonight I am sooooooo tired...that's my distraction for the evening. Well that and Star Trek!

The Boat was a lot of drma I am afraid but th ekids had fun...not certain if I bought it or not.... Long story,
              night all,
              love you:h
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi All. Im not drinking today. Xxxx

Comment

Hi Guys - I'm not drinking today either. Feeling tired today, some reason, I didn't sleep hardly at all last night. My sleep had been improving, but I don't know why, last night I tossed and turned all night.

When I first quit I took 1 ambien the first night, then 1/2 an ambien for the next 4 nights. I then dropped the ambien (makes me so foggy the next day) and sleep improved.

I did have a tough day yesterday - all my past f**k ups are haunting me now that I have a sober mind. I'm trying to forgive myself, but then in analyzing why I have some of the problems I have, it all points to the demon, AL that brought me there. I'm not feeling the shameful remorseful feelings after a night of alcohol, this is different, I'm feeling responsible for my bad self!

Hoo boy, this is going to take some time to prove myself to myself first, then to others in my life.

Tink, Kradle, are you having any of these symptoms today??

And, like I said, I'm not going to drink today!!!!!
                  Thomas Fuller

Comment

so been there done that, the phone calls facebooking texting. omg. i am not drinking today

Comment

I have been there more times than I would like to remember and texting too, OMG it looks like a foreign language. I am not drinking today either!!
                      DW

Comment

Hey Gardener, Good Morning-

I'm on my zillion seventh day work out but I can say that at the start back in May 2012 I was inconsolable about my past ...utterly wretched in fact. I just kept reading here over and over and over again, day after day after day and trying to post as best I could...
                        Today, it is definately easier, I am breathing much better and looking more forward than back.
                        I wrote in my book a long time ago "I'm not the kind of person to let a bright future get in the way of my wallinging in a grimy past.." of course that was tongue in cheek but ...to be honest...there was a tremendous amount of truth in that character's statement....

Well, today, I'm not satisfied with that status. I don't need to go full bore into happy face future mode but I can plan my day now without stomach cramps from all my memories!
                        Stay close, honey,

:h
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi One and all,
                          Thanks for including me in your mentions. Think I'm a few hour ahead of most, so just sat down for my 9th AF night. Although I'm not on any medication, I'm am following all the supplements, still awaiting kudzu to arrive, but seeing if I can manage on these if not will go on and try the hypnotherapy. And yes gardener did find sleep a problem for first 3 or 4 nights, but read for a bit then fall happily asleep, probably cause I'm trying to keep so busy that I'm shattered by night. Really am just going day by day as I have a holiday booked soon, hope I stay focused. Deff AF today. Stick in their guys. Tink

P.P hope your still trying Will.!!!!

Comment

hello everyone
                            sorry but I wont be drinking to-day
                            I still have problems with sleeping but is getting better but I do watch the tv to put me to sleep and if I wake which I do I pop another movie on and so forth
                            where are you at tink13

Comment

Hi,

Glad to hear your sticking in their Witts end, despite your sleep deprivation.

Feeling stressed tonight, would normally have a drink by now, but deff not going that route. So large cranberry juice to hand and quite corner to read today's blogs which always helps.

Finally got Kuduzu today so hope that will take the edge off the stresses.

How r u Gardener and Kradle123 hope your boats still floating.

Blog soon.

Tink

Comment

I don't want to drink today. Day 5 AF still shaky sweaty cant eat all those things. 41 years old heavy daily drinker of whiskey. The shameful thoughts of me calling people drunk and texting just keep creeping up and want me to go buy a bottle. I like this thread it sticks in my head . Not going to drink today!

Comment

Working...
                                X