Today is the first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the first day

That I feel like I can actually beat this thing.

I moderated last night, one glass of red and watched a movie. The glass lasted the whole length of the movie, and I still have the bottle sitting there. I can't believe it!! I am so proud of myself! My goal is to have one glass of red a day while having dinner. And today I actually feel like I can do it.

You all have been such an insperation to me!! :l :thanks:

I'm still not leaving this site, I'll stay on here for a quite as I love it here.

I'm waiting for my supps to get here and I can't wait till they do. This will help me out as well and I'm taking all the vitamins I have as well and 'greens'.

And Popeye, I am back on my tea or coffee during the day. :l

Today is the first day

Hi GG

So glad to hear you are in control and feeling happy today... we are always here for you..

Wattle
    Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

Today is the first day

Wattle;117611 wrote: Hi GG

So glad to hear you are in control and feeling happy today... we are always here for you..

Wattle
      Thanks! And on a good note I just got my Vegemite in! Yummy! Had to order it on ebay as they don't sell it here. Imagine that!

Comment

Today is the first day

GG

WOW, you have come sooo far on such a short space of time, it was only 2 weeks ago that you had cravings at 7.30 AM,

I am SOOO proud of you,

Sending much love your way :l
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Today is the first day

Oh, I still crave.. it's almost 11am here and I would like a beer or something... but I'm trying to avoid and keep my mind on something else. I find if I start drinking early I will drink all day and all night; but the later I start (dinner or whatever) I only want one or two...may be three. The days are much worse for me for some reason, I really don't why???

Comment

Today is the first day

Hi GG,

Great to hear you so upbeat and confident! - and congrats on the sticking to one -I just know I can't do that as red wine is my downfall - a bottle or nothing - I'm jealous!

Have a great 2nd day (and 3rd, and 4th...!) :goodjob: !
            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
            Goals:
            Days 1-7 DONE
            Days 8-14 DONE
            Days 15-21 DONE
            30 days DONE
            60 days
            100 days

Comment

Today is the first day

Hi Arial! Mine is too... I LOVE RED WINE! And the worst thing about living in France is that it's EVERYWHERE and CHEAP!! And it taste good. For 2.50Euro you can actually get a really good bottle of wine. That's what makes it even harder. That would never happen in North America. Not unless you want Hermits or something; and yuck! I would never dream of pouring that down my throat. I may like to drink lots, but I only drink the best.

Comment

Today is the first day

Great GG, First little bit is hard,but we do adjust and do well and sometimes we slip. Not saying you will but if you ever do. A new start is only a morning away. And by the way when are you coming to clean this house of mine. and what does vegamite taste like? (I heard ick) But The Wiggles like it. I hear about in there songs. When with my Grandson is around, Have a Fabulous day. Your a great gal!!!
                Mary
                I am envious your in France and I'm not!! If the dollar ever strenghtens maybe I'll Come!

Comment

Today is the first day

Well, with Vegemite; you either love it, or hate it. There is no inbetween. I got hooked on it when I was in Korea. I had a girlfriend there from Aussie and she gave some to me, I loved it. So does my baby. Makes sense though, she had it in the belly. And oh yah, she listens and bounces her little baby butt to the Wiggles, but she LOVES the movies 'Cars' and 'Shrek'. Her fav's.

If you ever come to France you can stay with me, and we are only a short 25 minute Metro ride the Paris. Not far at all.

I'm hoping I don't slip, but I know if I do it's becoming easier and easier for me to forgive myself; and amazingly when I do, the amount of alcohol I drink becomes less and less..

I even did all my parquet floors today...this place has never been so clean!!!

Comment

Today is the first day

Well GG,

I have a lot to say to you. And most of it is about the Wiggles.

Only joking – but hey, imagine a legacy like that? Not allowed to get drunk – you’re a Wiggle! A legend to children across the planet! What a pressure! For ever… wow.

Anyway, let me shake off my star-stricken self (and by the way – I love Vegemite. Not Marmite, even though I’m English – from Manchester, but I love Vegemite).

And oh my gosh girlie. Although I’m Aussie now, I learned a few things about the culture of France – namely, the drinking of wine as if it were water, and the simultaneous cultural belief that this is not harmful.

You’re in a very difficult situation, and I wish you all the strength in the world! May Captain Feathersword guide you through this safely. But if you feel he ain’t up to the task ( and d’you know, I worry that he wasn’t ever a real rum-drinkin’ sailor), you just let us know.

We’ll send in Dorothy to make it all okay.

Love

Gem x
                    Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Today is the first day

Glad to hear things are going good!
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Today is the first day

Is anyone else wondering what vegemite is? Or am I the only clueless one??

Comment

Today is the first day

Hi GG,
                          I just wanted to say that I understand the pressures of living in France. I am in Burgundy of all places. I guess the wine was one of the reasons we chose this area! We even have our own small patch of vines and make wine for our own consumption, it should last much longer now I'm not drinking so much!
                          Well done on your progress.

Comment

Today is the first day

congrats GG - i hope to mod one day as well....wishing today was the day but not yet!
                            Keep it up girl and give yourself a big ol' hug. Like you said - dont go know where cause we will miss ya!

Barbie
                            We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

Comment

Working...
                            X