Feel very unwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel very unwell

Drank all day yesterday, supposed to be working from home, needless to say no work got done. Today had a glass of wine about three hours ago. Feel really ill, I never want to put myself through this again, it is just too painful. Feel wretched. I want to get better, this time I want to stay sober a day at a time forever. I am going back to AA.
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Feel very unwell

Before all this happened I had five AF days that were great.
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Feel very unwell

Dump the rest of the wine and make a new start. If AA helps you then get to a meeting. Sorry you're feeling lousy but maybe it's good if it makes you pour out the wine. If there's any other wine or AL in the house I'd pour it out too. Keep posting. If you follow the link to newbies nest there ar usually a few posters near by. You aren't alone.
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Feel very unwell

DD,

Glad you are posting again.
        5 AF days must have left you feeling pretty good so why did you choose to drink again?
        It's important to recognize our drinking triggers early on so we can plan how we are going to handle them without AL. Look in the Tool box - lots of great ideas in there.

Wishing you the best!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Feel very unwell

Too ill to go to a meeting today, no wine left as I drank it all. Just feel pathetic. Felt so good in the week to not be drinking.

Comment

Feel very unwell

Darkest Diamond;1531729 wrote: Drank all day yesterday, supposed to be working from home, needless to say no work got done. Today had a glass of wine about three hours ago. Feel really ill, I never want to put myself through this again, it is just too painful. Feel wretched. I want to get better, this time I want to stay sober a day at a time forever. I am going back to AA.
            Diamond, I messaged you. Hang in there and please don't drink any more wine. You're not alone sweetie :l
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Feel very unwell

dd,

I know this is a hard time, but I agree with june3 and lav, pour out the rest, if there is any, and think about what made you decide to drink again. There are a lot of triggers to our drinking stress, anxiety, emotions, etc. Once we id them then we can be on guard to prevent relapse.

Drink lots of water, eat, rest, read and post here. Hope you feel better.
              JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Feel very unwell

Lavande;1531732 wrote: DD,

Glad you are posting again.
                5 AF days must have left you feeling pretty good so why did you choose to drink again?
                It's important to recognize our drinking triggers early on so we can plan how we are going to handle them without AL. Look in the Tool box - lots of great ideas in there.

Wishing you the best!
                Lav
                Thank you it was work triggered, not only that although I felt good not drinking, healthwise and in my mind part of me utterly craved it, hard to explain.

Comment

Feel very unwell

DD
                  I totally understand the mind cravings, and work. Remember a craving usually only lasts 15 min, so I try to distract myself with anything until it passes. Reading, taking a walk, phoning a friend, posting my feelings on here before I drink.

Hang in there you can do this.
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Feel very unwell

hi dd,use this to your advantage! ive been fighting to stay sober for awhile now,my last"slip"was on fathers day,i tell you ive never been so sick in my life! so now i use that feeling,i can remember it so clearly,to NOT pick up that damn drink! you can do this,take care of yourself today,and remember this ugly feeling,never again o.k?
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Feel very unwell

Hiya DD,

Have a read of the toolbox link here. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

You will find it useful friend.

Get yourself back on track. Well done on your previous 5 days AF. You know you can do it again, and keep it going.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Feel very unwell

Thanks, have looked in toolbox, found it to be excellent! Really helpful.

Comment

Feel very unwell

Hi Diamond, hope you are feeling a bit better
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Feel very unwell

Welcome back Darkest D. Keep posting and suggest you try some of the supplements that many on MWO have found effective. If quitting is proving to be a battle - have you considered talking to a doctor to see what medication might help you to quit, eg a short course of antabuse (properly taken and instructions followed) might work for you as you seem to have quickly appreciated the 5 days AF.
                            Are you going back to AA as you said?

Many of us have quit while also facing huge work and family stresses - or personal crises - its not easy - but being AF in time usually makes the stresses easier to deal with. Personally I found more clarity in my work life after some time AF. Not at first - but it came fairly quickly

Take are and all the best

Comment

Feel very unwell

Hi DD. Hang in there and know that you are not alone in this fight against our cunning foe. Together we can always win against the beast that Alcohol is. Together we are always stronger than it is so don't isolate and let Al play with your head. Instead remember how very good you felt WITHOUT that poison. That is just what Al does not want you to remember and feel...how very good it is to be free. You are in my thoughts and prayers today as I go off to try to live my day practicing the very same advice.
                              :new::new::h

Comment

Working...
                              X