Surgery helped me cut back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My surgery was last Wednesday and I used the opportunity to try to cut back on my wine intake. I was drinking about a bottle of wine a day for the past few years, and I was so scared that I would have major withdraw symptoms. On the eve of my surgery, I had 3 glasses of wine spaced out over the course of 4 hours. I had a hard time sleeping, but it could have been more due to nervousness. Then, after the surgery, I was on Hydrocodone, so of course I didn't drink at all for 2 days. That was really easy. On the weekend, I was able to drink 2 drinks on saturday at dinner and 1 drink on sunday at dinner. I'm going to try to keep most of this week AF since it is going so well. I'm just so happy I didn't have any issues or withdraw! Does anyone think the opiates in the pain meds may have helped? Hopefully I'm not cutting back on wine, to only get use to taking hydrocodone for sleep.

i hope you can go most of the week af

Comment

one week of moderation

Well with the help of a little surgery that required some pain meds for a few days, I decided not to lush it up this week as usual. I'm on 3 days straight of no alcohol and so far the whole week I only had 6 drinks in 7 days. I was even able to have a glass of wine on sunday at dinner and stop at one! I hope this works. I'm really glad I didn't have any withdraw effects.

Comment

keep trying
        I know I can't do moderation might work for a week but then I'll be at it full on no stopping
        It has to be all or nothing ......I can't have just one

Comment

Me too. One is too many 1000 isn't enough. Not drinking at all, ever is a lot more fun the you would think at first. I have a much happier life w/o al in it. We are here if you decide to go that route. Now would be a Great day to start.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
          X