Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is giving up the booze much different than cigaretts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone, I had many attempts to give up smoking. Tried everything and nothing seemed to work. One day, I pondered how I started. It was one cig a day, then 2 and within a few weeks 10 and then a packet. I figured I could go off them the same way as I started ....SLOWLY. And that's what I done, slowly reducing my nicotine in tack until I was strong enough to quit altogether. My drinking has taken a similar pattern. A few years ago I was chugging down 2 bottles of wine everyday. I have gradually cut it back to almost no al at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well done on giving up the ciggies Hadit! I can't answer your question, I think everyone has different ways of quitting. I gave up the cigs when I stopped drinking. I have been using the patches. Giving up cigs is really tough. I downloaded an app onto my phone and it tells you how many cigs you haven't smoked since your quit, how much money you've saved, and the benefits to your health. I must look for an AL related one.

Anyway, I am rambling. Good job on giving up the nicotine your way, and it sounds as though you are well on your way with AL too! :goodjob:
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Good question Hadit

I personally found it much harder to quit smoking. I think that was due to the fact that I smoked much longer than I drank.
      Choosing a way to quit involves making a plan & you did that, wonderful!
      Quitnet.com this morning said I have NOT smoked nearly 46,000 cigs since quitting, yuck & money saved over $11,000.

Stick with both your quits, life is so much better without the addictions!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good thread hadit,i keep trying to quit smoking by trying to cut back but it always seems to creep back up,i love the first smoke in the morning,and the one after work,but i dont like my clothes and hair stinking,and what its doing to my body yikes! but ill keep trying
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X