30 days done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days done!

30 days in the bag and starting day 31 this morning! It hasn't been easy, but it got A WHOLE LOT easier for me after day 14. The headaches went away and the cravings became less. I do admit I found solace in Ben & Jerry's ice cream :H but now I'm cutting back on that too.

I had some tough temptations along the way, but stayed focus. My family and I were invited to a party where a few of my "drinking buddies" were, and they even hired a bar tender. So I took my own six pack of Becks NA beer and gave it discretely to the bar tender instructing him to give me one of those every time I asked him for a beer. It worked like a charm. I nursed those six NA beers over the 4 hour period we were at the party. I realized I would have killed that six pack within 1-2 hours if it were real alcohol. Feels so much better.

Last night was the toughest. I'm on a business trip out of town with a few coworkers that are heavy drinkers. One of them is going to AA, yet still succumbs to the peer pressure every time we go to these trips. I find this disturbing because I joined him at an AA meeting once and he still counts his sober days and doesn't mention these slips so that he gets an applause. Oh well, I must focus on me, and I'm happy for my 30 days.
    First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
    7 Days:
    14 Days:
    30 Days:
    60 Days:
    90 Days:

30 days done!

Joemero congratulations on your first month AF. That is a huge accomplishment! Looks like your planning ahead for social events is working well, great idea stashing the AF beer. If you post under the newbies nest roll call I'm sure you'll get lots of cheers!

:moon::cheering:
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

30 days done!

JoeMero, congratulations on 30 days and I am certain that you can keep it up. You certainly seem to have it covered. Well doneagain.

Neddy
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

30 days done!

great job joe!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

30 days done!

On behalf of the Newbie's Nest, I hope you will accept this small token of a big job!
          Your hat!

:day5:

You are an official member of the hat society! Well done, JoeM!!! Very proud of you! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

30 days done!

Congrats! That is a true accomplishment...keep up the good work and don't give into that temptation.
            Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

30 days done!

Good job Jomero! Doesn't it feel great to have that poison out of your system?

Comment

30 days done!

Fantastic work, Jomero. So happy you've reached this milestone. I love Becks N/A Beer and use it the lake to be 'part of the gang' and to avoid all the ribbing. Well done.
                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

30 days done!

well done Jomero you seem to handling things very well and the n/a beer is working really well for you keep it up
                  and don't worry about the other guy his concious will click in especially when he sees you are doing the right thing
                  keep up the good work

Comment

30 days done!

Congrats on your 30 days, well done!
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

30 days done!

Congrats!!!!
                      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Working...
                      X