Well, That Didn't Take Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be such a flake everyone, but I don't want that life again. I'm back to being AF and posting here when I can.

As many of you know I'm in the process of going on vacation and moving, so I might be kind of scarce. But, I wanted to come back to send the important message (once again) of......it's absolutely NOT worth it. I guess the only upside is that it happened before I moved, so I can go back to having a clean start in my new place.

Stay strong everyone - anything in our minds that tells us drinking is good is simply an illusion.

Thanks to everyone who reached out to me.

YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME BACK!!! XXX OOO NS!

Comment

You made my day too...I actually got teary eyed! There is strength in numbers...we can do this!
      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Thrilled to see you, UW!!! Welcome back from the cliffs!! We will be here ready and waiting for your updates. I am so happy to see you!!! Me, too, Miley! XXOO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just outstanding! I'm so glad to see you! Enjoy your vacation and I'm looking forward to your posts when you can.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Great to see you back UN! :l

It really is a matter of finding peace with the acceptance that Alcohol just doesn't work for some of us! I'm finally coming to terms with that myself. It's hard especially when maybe we haven't experienced many bad consequences for our drinking yet. For me, I know they were right around the corner....

I'm so happy you decided to continue on your positive path!! :h:goodjob:

Comment

I am very glad you came back. When I read your post of leaving, my first thought is that maybe down deep inside, quite a few of us maybe have thought the same... "think I'll give it a go one more time".

So glad you are here.
              Best
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Unwasted, never give up trying to give up.... Good for you on making your way back

Comment

Welcome back Unwasted! You are exactly where you belong :heart:

Comment

Hi Unwasted, you sound really fed up with alcohol:goodjob: in your post which is good.
                    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Unwasted so glad to see you back, come by the nest and share when you can!
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

This is such a forgiving and understanding place.

When I really look at why I did this, I have to say it's the same thing as before. It's sort of this combination of frustration after a bad day, boredom, and habit. I don't think this time had anything to do with craving, which is good. I think I'm past that. The crazy thing is that over two days I only had a total of 5 drinks if you can believe that. I felt so physically and mentally bad after that little...........Go figure.

I think this will cement the fundamental shift. I hope to never disappoint you guys or myself again. Another plus - I think my husband FINALLY gets it.

Really appreciate all the kind words and support.

Comment

Hi Un,

This site really is a great and supportive place. I agree!

I have also had relapses in the past where as little as 2 glasses of wine would give me a pounding headache - especially if I hadn't been drinking for quite some time before that. And I would notice things like my nose felt stuffy and I just didn't feel good. It really IS poison!

I hear you on getting your husband on board. I had that struggle as well - it's hard for them too, I realize. My husband and I have been together for 20+ years and we were drinking buddies for many of those years. Now he is fully on board and I catch him saying things like he really doesn't enjoy that happy hour drink and doesn't need the calories either. I don't think he'll ever give it up completely, and he doesn't have to. He can maddeningly have that one drink slowly and forget all about AL for a month after that. It just doesn't work that way for me, so we both agree I'm better off without any.

Have a great AF day!

Comment

ML, I had heard it before and then again a couple of days ago -- about how women process alcohol differently from men. My issue with it has also compounded with age to be sure. That small amount gave me two bad nights of sleep in addition to feeling awful. My body is screaming at me in the loudest possible way!

I think I'm finding peace with it now. I really do.

Hope you're well. You're sounding great.

:l

Comment

Unwasted at least you caught it fast, before a lot of damage was done, right?
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                              X