What a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a mess

What a mess I have made my life into. Guys I am new here .... Woke up at 5 am with dry throat and lack of sleep due to excess drinking beers yesterday night. It's been now more than 10 years of daily drinking 8 to 10 pints of beers everyday. My work which involves travelling all across have made thinks worse . Alcohol is my time pass every evening. Tried to reduce it control it but just can't. Need your help guys
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

What a mess

You can control it. You do it one hour at a time. Today can be day one and it can change everything. Ready? Lets go!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

What a mess

You have come to the right place for help. Keep reading and posting. When you see your intentions in black and white it really helps put them first and foremost in your brain. This place has made my life so much better. It can do the same for you.:welcome:
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

What a mess

Hi Rahul,

I found you! I met you briefly in Newbies Nest and then came looking for you. I was addicted to beer too. Lots and lots of beer. If you haven't already, you may want to read back over the last couple weeks of posts in Newbies Nest. You will find people there who are just getting started along with folks who have maintained sobriety for a long time. Also, check out the other MWO threads. There is so much great information and support!! As questions come up, write and ask about them.

I can assure that there IS hope, Rahul. Many have found ways to successfully manage their addiction to alcohol and go on to live productive and much happier lives. You can too!!

Thanks for joining us. ~
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

What a mess

Dear all thanks for your support and encouragement. Just did excercise and the day just began. I hope not to drink today in evening ...
          Rahul
          Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

What a mess

Welcome Rahul.
            Exercise, and eating regularly are what's working for me. Alcohol is a sugar, your body runs on sugar. The cravings will be less if you don't let yourself get hungry. Low blood sugar = cravings.

Comment

What a mess

Hey! I am addicted to beer too, (I tried switching to hard liquor...but it was the beer I wanted, not just the buzz!). I look like I am 5 months pregnant now with my beer belly. I too have drunk around 4 to 8 beers a day for 10 years. I am planning on stopping soon, (along with starting a diet and trying to eat better).

We can do it!

Comment

What a mess

Hi Rahul and welcome to MWO.

Like you I have drunk far too much for far too long and I wish you all the best on your journey.

Remember, You don't have to rely on drink. It only gives us false feelings. False feelings of confidence, of self-worth, belonging, of being worthwhile. When you wake in the morning is this how you feel? I certainly didn't!

I know you have already had this suggestion, but I'll suggest it again - have a look at the newbies nest and the toolbox for advice and support.

Try not to dwell in the past as this will stop you focusing on your hopes for the future. Try not to think about drink; think about sobriety and all the benefits it will bring: health, healing, restoration, wellbeing, the respect of others and, best of all, self-respect.

Hope to see you in the nest.

Neddy
                "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

What a mess

There is a lot of support on this forum, also you could look into Rational Recovery/AA/Counselling/Church.......... or a combination of some of these.... whatever works for you! Wishing you well in whatever path you take.
                  DD
                  New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

What a mess

Welcome
                    We r all here to help you
                    We all had to start sometime ....some where .....glad you have can join us

Comment

What a mess

Yellow friends manager to stay sober today ... Was having carvings in evening but had food and filled my stomach ... Tomorrow is another challenge ...
                      Rahul
                      Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

What a mess

That's one day down my friend. Now it's time to start tallying them up!

Tomorrow is just another day and anybody can take the trials and tribulations of one day

Grit your teeth and hang on in!
                        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

What a mess

Hey Rahul

that's it, just one day at a time, you aren't alone.
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

What a mess

Good for you for making a good decision
                            We just need to concentrate on to-day
                            Have a good af day

Comment

What a mess

Rahulthesweet;1539488 wrote: Dear all thanks for your support and encouragement. Just did excercise and the day just began. I hope not to drink today in evening ...
                              Hope isn't going to do it. You must decide and commit. We will help!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                              X