Home detox ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home detox ?

I really don't know where to start, first time on here and im not sure why I keep doing this to myself, is there any medication I can order to help me get through a home detox etc? x

Home detox ?

Hi Lacey, I am not too clued up on the concept of home detoxing as such, but I have responded to your other post in the newbies nest.
    "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Home detox ?

Home detox

Hiya Laceylacey,
      Can you go to your doctor? If you tell them about the amounts you have been drinking they will be able to help you. Some prescribe librium or valium, just for a short while to help with withdrawals, others might tell you to gradually taper off your drinking (this one is a huge challenge!) Be careful, about trying to go it alone as if you have been drinking a lot your withdrawals could be dangerous.

DD
      New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Home detox ?

:welcome: to you LaceyLacey,
        I'm not proud to say that I've done a few home de-toxes using diazapam (valium) but always under the supervision of my doctor.

I'm not sure where you are in the world but in the UK your GP would probably refer to a drug and alcohol team. Where a safe de-tox or tapering down schedule can be worked out. He/she may already be able to do it from their own surgery.

As I can only speak for the UK. I would make the initial appointment, write down how much you drink and speak to one of the more senior doctors. Believe me they've heard worse.

I also found these.
        How to Self Detox from Alcohol: 10 Steps (with Pictures)

Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms

Please,please if the symptoms of withdrawal become serious seek medical help.

I wish you the best.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bump, for Eve.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
          X