Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6

Well day 6 and i'm still sober. Feels rubbish when you read it out loud - 6 days out of sooo many years of abuse is nothing but also a massive big step at the same time. My positive thoughts are struggling to hang on tonight. Been fine up untill now and then its just hit me - I want a drink. I'm trying to remind my self of how i'll feel tomorrow. Telling myself its not worth it - but its amazing how quickly we forget how bad we feel the day after. I'm hanging in there. :new:
    AF 18 Days
    ?Every recovery from alcoholism began with one sober hour?

Day 6

Hi Trixie we are on the same boat it's my day 4. And what I have been doing is stuffing myself with food and the carvings going away, I have been drinking for now 15 years and last 8 years on daily basis. I am 35 but look like 45 with big beer belly. Evenings are different since last few days... Hope to continue the same ... Hang on we both will get out of this ....
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Day 6

Yes Rahul i've been doing the same. Eating everything in site. Been popping into the gym this week though - trying to keep myself busy but this time of night is hard when your just about to sit down - usually with glass in hand. I've been binge drinking for a while now. Been drinking every week since early teens though - my drinking just continued to get heavier and heavier with every session. My last hangover scared the life out of me as I suffer anxiety aswell. Cant do it to myself no more. Nice to chat to people with similar experiences - if i tired telling my friends they would probably just laugh - then continue to pour me a drink.
      AF 18 Days

Comment

Day 6

Hang in there!

I'm on day 6 too...I almost caved yesterday, but came on here and read through the tool box, forced myself to remember all the horrible things I've said and done, and just wasted days of being hungover. I eventually snapped out of it.

I want my 1 week award, I hear we get one here. :H
        I know we can do this, let's do it together. If you want to message privately I'm around.

Stay tough my friend. Tomorrow a whole week. I haven't had that in about 9 years, wow, that's just crazy to think of that.

:l Cyn
        :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
        __________________________________________________ ____
        ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
        7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
        14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Day 6

Trixie - Congratulations on 6 days!

Rahul - Congrats on your 4 days!

My eating has been a mess as well. I am trying to think of it in a positive way.....at least I am not dumping 500+ extra calories down my throat with a bottle (or more) of wine. I wasn't so worried about the calories when it came to that. I would feel much better if I could see some pounds start to drop off!
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
          [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Day 6

Hi Trixie and Rahul and welcome.

Trixie its so ironic your title DAY 6 I posted the exact same thing exactly 53 days ago.

I want to say to you guys we have all been there. I drank for 23 years almost everyday. In the end before I quit I was up to a bottle of vodka a day. This site helped me tremendously to get where I am now. I have now done 53 days without a single drink. Keep posting, it helps the initial days the support you get here especially in the toolbox.

Keep it up. If you want some tips or advice glad to help. :welcome:

Comment

Day 6

Welcome everyone

Congrats on day 6 trixie, cyn
              Rahul. On day 4

Comment

Day 6

Well done to everyone so far - and BNRS, i hope i can say the same as you soon. Well i've made it the week. I'm so happy with that. I have a night out on saturday night with my other half to see a comedian but already trying to plan my night to avoid alcohol. I know I cant just have a couple, i just need to keep telling myself this. Keep up the good work all
                AF 18 Days

Comment

Day 6

Drinking

I had a wonderful sponsor (5yrs sober) some time ago that went away for a 5 year old crime he had committed and i will never for get his advice to me...If you feel like having a drink (alcohol) stop at a 7-11 and drink a 32oz. coke until your belly is full. Then tell me you still feel like a beer. Well he was correct in saying, "It will never happen" to this day that has never failed me once. It does work for beer drinkers, cant say about the other.
                  JEFF

Comment

Day 6

jeffrey;1541114 wrote: I had a wonderful sponsor (5yrs sober) some time ago that went away for a 5 year old crime he had committed and i will never for get his advice to me...If you feel like having a drink (alcohol) stop at a 7-11 and drink a 32oz. coke until your belly is full. Then tell me you still feel like a beer. Well he was correct in saying, "It will never happen" to this day that has never failed me once. It does work for beer drinkers, cant say about the other.
                    JEFF
                    That's really good advise I will keep that one in my mind :thanks:

Congrats on day 7 trixie,cyn,
                    Day 5 for Rahul good work keep it up

Comment

Working...
                    X