revisting day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revisting day one

Not literally. I am never going back there. But this morning, drinking my coffee and while the rest of MWO was asleep, I was reading and looking through old posts (as you do) and I came across my post from 5th July. that was the day the penny finally dropped for me.

Reading that post brought it all back home to me. How afraid I was of what I had become, how lonely I felt. I needed help and support so badly, and I got it, right here.

Byrdie was first to answer in that inimitable and wonderful style of hers. I remember reading her post with tears in my eyes. So heartfelt, honest and encouraging. then came JC, Witts, Spider, and LB. My friend DD and Pixie also stopped by to give me encouragement and hope.

Thanks to those first posts I found strength day by day, I joined the nest. I knew I was not alone and that other people understood. And I never really said thanks for supporting me, pointing me in the right direction, and caring. I am not saying I owe my 33 days sobriety to you guys, that's my responsibility and I own that. But thank you for being so open, caring and honest, I hope as I progress I can do even a fraction of what you did for me.

It's heartening to know there are people out there who really care and really want to help, so take note, lurkers. Don't be afraid. There are wonderful people here who will dish out hugs and kicks up the arse as and when required. Too many to mention. The important thing for me was the companionship, knowing I was not alone. I am not alone as long as I have this place.

Thank you everyone, every post means something to someone, what might seem insignificant to you could mean a lot to someone else. Thank you to all the aforementioned, and all who post their struggles and successes. I am so very grateful for this place.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

revisting day one

The tears are now in my eyes! Thank you for the kind words. I'm paying it forward like so many others did for me. I'm so proud of you for your 33 days! You will never regret being sober!! Hugs, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

revisting day one

Hi BH, once again your message has filled me with hope and encouragement. You have done so well and your commitment to sobriety is solid, resolute and admirable. You are a MWO star!
      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

revisting day one

Neddy Merrill;1541116 wrote: Hi BH, once again your message has filled me with hope and encouragement. You have done so well and your commitment to sobriety is solid, resolute and admirable. You are a MWO star!
        I think I am far from being a star. Just trying like everyone else Neddy, doing the best I can.
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

revisting day one

[

thank you so much for your kind words
          It was so nice and very moving
          You said what we all think and feel
          I 'm so glad for your 33days congrats
          I also know I wouldn't have made it without this site
          I think it' good to go back to day 1 and relive why we are here and what it was really like
          Thank you lovely post :goodjob:

QUOTE=broken halo;1541103]Not literally. I am never going back there. But this morning, drinking my coffee and while the rest of MWO was asleep, I was reading and looking through old posts (as you do) and I came across my post from 5th July. that was the day the penny finally dropped for me.

Reading that post brought it all back home to me. How afraid I was of what I had become, how lonely I felt. I needed help and support so badly, and I got it, right here.

Byrdie was first to answer in that inimitable and wonderful style of hers. I remember reading her post with tears in my eyes. So heartfelt, honest and encouraging. then came JC, Witts, Spider, and LB. My friend DD and Pixie also stopped by to give me encouragement and hope.

Thanks to those first posts I found strength day by day, I joined the nest. I knew I was not alone and that other people understood. And I never really said thanks for supporting me, pointing me in the right direction, and caring. I am not saying I owe my 33 days sobriety to you guys, that's my responsibility and I own that. But thank you for being so open, caring and honest, I hope as I progress I can do even a fraction of what you did for me.

It's heartening to know there are people out there who really care and really want to help, so take note, lurkers. Don't be afraid. There are wonderful people here who will dish out hugs and kicks up the arse as and when required. Too many to mention. The important thing for me was the companionship, knowing I was not alone. I am not alone as long as I have this place.

Thank you everyone, every post means something to someone, what might seem insignificant to you could mean a lot to someone else. Thank you to all the aforementioned, and all who post their struggles and successes. I am so very grateful for this place.[/QUOTE]

Comment

revisting day one

33 days is fantastic, you're over the first month now which is a great achievement. It gets better and better from this point. Time to start enjoying your freedom!
            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

revisting day one

spiderwoman;1541133 wrote: 33 days is fantastic, you're over the first month now which is a great achievement. It gets better and better from this point. Time to start enjoying your freedom!
              I am! x

Comment

revisting day one

Hiya,

It is so nice to hear you so positive from where you were before.

How comes we can feel this good without AL so it makes you
                wonder why even bothered eh.

Much love flossie xx
                Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

revisting day one

Aww BH, what a wonderful post and it's good to re-visit our past now and again.

I've been quietly watching you since you first started out on your AF journey. I was and still am amazed at the many coincidences between us and here you are 33 days AF.:goodjob:

I just can't begin to tell you how blooming proud I am of you.

J x
                  :l
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

revisting day one

Thank you flossie, that's such a sweet post and very true!

Ta JC, I remember the posts about our Dads, thanks for quietly looking out for me and for you to say there are coincidences and that you are proud of me means a heck of a lot. :l

Comment

revisting day one

Broken ( fixed) hey you are rocking this! Congratulations on your time and thanks for always being there. I remember lurking before I posted here and reading abut all the happy non drinkers. I felt a little jealous. I didn't know I could do it too. When people like you take the time to reach out to a newbie you are an instrumental part of their new life. Kudos to you for recognizing those who were there for you and also for paying it forward!
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

revisting day one

BH....I am happily following you....33 days for me....wow. You are my inspiration. Hope you are having a good night...hugs....piper

Comment

revisting day one

Way to go BH, Proud of you! Keep up the good work, not just in your quit, but in your continued support of others in the forums. You too, make a difference.

Comment

revisting day one

3J, Piper, Mr V, every one of you have inspired me along the way. I now realise that every post counts to someone, even the shaky day 1 post might inspire someone in the same boat to open up and admit they have a problem. Admitting that to yourself is huge, so having a community like this is invaluable. I really don't know where I'd be without you all. Thank you seems too small for what I have gained from this place this time.

Comment

revisting day one

Hiya BH!

You're rockin it mate.

Bravo! G bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X