How is everyone today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone today?

How is everyone managing? I'm on Day 10 today, made it past my 2nd friday night (yeah) and feeling pretty good actually. Had a few headaches through the week and was in a fowl mood for one day all day but other than that still feeling positive.

I have never been to the gym so much in my life lol - loving waking up fresh though and already feeling alot more energetic.

I have my first night out tonight though since I decided to stop drinking. I was dreading it leading up to it but this morning im feeling as though i dont even want one. I'm making a list of all the non alcoholic drinks that i love and probably would never order at a bar because i would normally think they were far to expensive for a soft drink - wouldn't mind spending a fiver on a pint though lol. We are going to see a comedian so me and other half are going to go for a lovely meal before hand. I would normally skip the meal because I would want all my money for alcohol. Actually looking forward to a life without the demon drink. Hope I can pass on some positivity to someone that might be feeling down today :l
    AF 18 Days
    ?Every recovery from alcoholism began with one sober hour?

How is everyone today?

Great plan Trixie! And having dinner before the show is a really good idea. I notice if I'm full, the idea of a drink is not nearly as appealing.

Congratulations on 10 days! Life just gets better and better without AL.

Comment

How is everyone today?

Its feeling good - I don't think i have made it 10 days in a long time. I know I have a long road but i am finding positive thinking helps. I'm just trying to tell myself that I'm not giving up anything - I'm giving myself a chance of having a great healthy future and not poising my body to have fun. Hope I can say the same in a few month down the line or ideally in years down the line
      AF 18 Days

Comment

How is everyone today?

Trixie...Congrats on the 10 Day! You made me smile with the point about going to the gym so much....I am on 10 days too and have been doing the same thing. I was so sore last week I could hardly move! I like your plan about making a list of drinks beforehand. I think it will help to be prepared and I bet you will have so much fun. I strongly agree with MyLife about it being a good idea to eat beforehand. I have found that if I am full, I don't want to drink....I have been eating a lot lately:H!

Have a great time tonight and can't wait to hear back from you about what a good time you had!
        Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
        [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

How is everyone today?

Thanks Miley and congrats on your 10 day a swell. Yes I have tried every exercise class going this week too. I was even at Sha'Bam last night - my first Friday night ever i think without wine instead lol.

Looking forward to tonight and being AF - I have another gym class tomorrow so feels good knowing i will go out tonight, have a laugh and feel fresh as a daisy tomorrow and keep active instead of ordering a take away. I'm the same with the eating btw - I have such a sweet tooth lately which isn't usually like me. Hope you have a good af weekend a swell
          AF 18 Days

Comment

How is everyone today?

good job trixie on 10 days,youll have so much fun at the comedy show,and actually get to remember everything tomorrow,keep it going
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

How is everyone today?

Trixie,

sounds great. It is like reading something that I wrote. Skipping meals, thinking that soft drink were overpriced yet spending a small fortune of AL (btw soft drink are overpriced at bars). Isnt it nice to enjoy your meal rather than rushing through it to get to the drinking part

I think headaches are pretty common in the first few weeks/months so are emotional ups and downs.

AK
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

How is everyone today?

Well, i'm up on a Sunday morning. Feeling bright and all ready to do my gym class and anything else that the day throws at me. I must admit - last night was A LOT harder than I thought. I was so close to caving in. I was at the bar at the event and i almost asked for a beer but i didn't, i got diet coke instead. I think a good tip that kept me off it was actually having a look around at everyone and seeing how drunk others were. How loud they actually sounded and how much they were stumbling about. I know its not nice criticizing others but it really helped me just thinking well i don't want to look like that. Funny how i have never actually seen anyone drunk before when i'm sober - its usually me doing the stumbling etc. It felt good taking my diet coke into the auditorium and I probably laughed more at the comedian cause i was listening to every word and not thinking about when the interval will come so i can get another drink. Have a good sunday everyone
                AF 18 Days

Comment

How is everyone today?

Congratulations Trixie!

I think you have it right to reflect on the fact you're not giving up anything, but gaining a new and wonderful way to live your life. The more you can get that notion in your head, the easier it is. I went to a comedy show early on with my husband as well. I have to admit I thought it was a lot funnier without AL. Also, I was helped by the fact they had a whole AF section on the drink list that included AF drinks named after various celebrities that had to or were supposed to be giving up AL. I think I had the "Lindsey Lohan" drink, LOL. It was actually quite tasty!

Glad to hear your outing was a success!

Comment

How is everyone today?

Congrats Trixie on a successful outing. These first forays out into social life can be quite difficult and it is easy to get tripped up. So glad that you remained focused in your goals.

It took me several attempts to reach 30 consecutive days of AF living. Then I thought I could moderate and realized it was a slippery slope. Am back working toward total AF living and while it is not easy, I am gaining strength with each AF day I obtain. I hope you continue to post on this thread your daily progress.
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

How is everyone today?

Hi free at last - it certainly is a harder task than i ever thought. I just cannot stop thinking about alcohol. I cannot believe how much control it has over me. I still fight the urge every singe day. I'm on Day 14 today though. 2 weeks today. I'm just trying to take every day as it comes. Still eating everything in sight aswell lol
                      AF 18 Days

Comment

How is everyone today?

Congratulations on 2 weeks, Trixie! :goodjob:

Thinking about not drinking will probably happen for awhile. I sometimes felt like it was going to drive me crazy. I thought I was becoming obsessive or something. People here told me to just be patient and they were right. It took a long time to get to this point so its reasonable that it takes awhile to fully leave it behind.

It still crosses my mind frequently that I don't drink but now it is a pleasant thought. My big fear is complacency so I want to remember often that I do not drink alcohol.

Stick with what you've been doing for the last 2 weeks and I think you'll be fine .

Comment

How is everyone today?

Congrats, Trixie, on your two week accomplishment. I know I'm feeling stronger with each passing AF day -- kind of like working out. The more you exercise your "I don't drink" muscles, the stronger they become. I think it's really important to post often, especially in these early days. Great job!
                          Free at Last
                          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

How is everyone today?

congrats on 2 weeks trixie keep up the good work

Comment

How is everyone today?

This is my 3rd weekend and still not giving in. It was so hard yesterday though. We had an invite to a party. I made me and my boyfriend not go as I know I would have hated knowing he was drinking without me. I felt terrible but he wasn't bothered at all, don't think he even wanted to go. Then I found myself trying to convince him to change his mind so it looked like it was him talking me into it. Oh my god, how silly that sounds when i read it over but thats how desperate i was to have an excuse. Happy that I resisted though but really am dreading my next night out with friends as they are all big drinkers. I also booked a appointment with my doctor for Tues. I feel ready to talk to someone and see if there is any counselling help etc locally. Dreading it though. How to begin speaking to a stranger about this face to face. She has dealt with my anxiety in the past but I haven't seen her in over a year as I have been controlling that myself lately. Any tips on how to approach it with her without breaking down into sobs?
                              AF 18 Days

Comment

Working...
                              X