Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back - Daisy45 could do with your support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody. Been a long time. I checked in to let you know my dad died in June. Since then, been getting caught up in that old cycle and reconnecting with alcohol big time. same old, same old. So bored with it! Feel I am back, or nearly, where I was 3 years ago. At least when I was here I was more AF most of the time.
    I will talk more tomorrow, just wanted to put it out there that my intentions are AF and I want tomorrow to be day 1. Just had a bottle and a glass and poured a full bottle down the sink!
    Doesn't sound good when so many doing well, but good for me the way things were going.
    Looking forward to reconnecting and getting my life back!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Hi Daisy, good to see you again! I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'll disagree with one thing you posted about it not looking good when others are doing well. You ARE doing well because you're still getting better. It's a process, not an event, I know you know that. Good for you pouring that swill away, there's nothing there for us anymore but pain and suffering.

Did you ever end up painting that set for a play? A friend of mine is a painter and I hang out in his studio sometime, it's a neat world that I know nothing about. I'm very glad you're back!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Aw, Pinecone, what a welcome back. Yes, I did, and more after that. I must PM you. Been the toughest year, and drinkwise, especially since dad died.
      You gave me back my smile tonight. Thank you so much. Feel a little hope again.....

Comment

Daisy...just wanted to say hi and welcome back. Good for you for dumping the other bottle down the sink!!!! Hang tough and can't wait to see you back here for Day 1 tomorrow!
        Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
        [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Hi Daisy,
          You know I'm always happy to see you

Good job dumping the wine. Now make a solemn vow to buy no more like I did. I was also sick & tired of disappointing myself. I was determined to make this quit my last - you can do it too

Wishing you all the best!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Daisy, nice to meet you! Well done on pouring the wine down the sink, that was a really positive thing to do! I would have found that really difficult when I was drinking.

Daisy, I don't want to talk about it too much in the public forum, but I lost a parent this year as well. My drinking got well out of control after that so I do understand.

Come and join us in the Nest, welcome to day 1 of your AL free journey
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Hi Miley, Lav and Broken Halo. Thanks for the support. So long since I have been a part of MWO. Feels a bit like 'coming home'.
              So good to wake today that little bit fresher. As the drinking increased, of course everything else went downhill....looks, weight, motivation, productivity - at least I am in the lucky position of knowing it can and will get better; it is up to me to make it happen.

Comment

Hi Daisy! Sounds like you and I are in the same place. I remember you from when I was last on here...good luck with your journey! So sorry about the loss of your father, may peace fill your heart with his memories.

Hi Pinecone-good to see you here as well. I love what you said in the earlier part of this thread: it's a process, not an event. So true and a better way to look at it. Just like the one day at a time phrase, which also bears it's weight in gold! Good job everyone!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Hey BlondeAFambition!! Nice to hear from you. Good to see so many 'friendly faces' that I remember!
                  Just being here right now and reading and posting is already helping with a shift in my thinking.....feel so much more positive than I did even an hour ago!

Comment

Daisy,

I remember you too - so glad to see you back and still trying. As Pinecone so aptly put it - this really is a process and I think if we truly want it, it will happen. It's a little different for all of us but there is hope. I think posting here and being with others who understand it critical. So sorry about your dad. Hang with us here and please always feel free to "vent" when you need to!

B - AFA, Hi! I remember you from way back. Glad to see you're here and posting again. Alcohol is such a trap and illusion. Just the fact that you're here tells me you guys KNOW that. Hope things are okay aside from the AL battle??

Best to you both!

UN :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Unwasted; good to hear from you. Thanks for the welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back daisy, I can soooo relate, did the same thing, lots of reasons, but we can all come up with those, anyway, its been 7 days now and feel great! Good luck and glad to see you are back with us.
                        Kdog
                        Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Hi kdog - thank you and well done on your 7 days! That gives me hope. Right now I am taking baby steps and getting past my first night in a long time. Looking forward to waking up fresher and brighter tomorrow......
                          I have let this go on for toooo long. We all deserve to live a healthy, happy life. Thanks guys for pulling me through day 1.

Comment

Hi Daisy!

I'm so happy to see you back here posting. If we all had to wait until we had this alcohol thing under control before posting, there'd be no one here! This is a website for people trying to get sober and find their way. Where ever you are in the journey, you're more than welcome here. :l

Comment

Hi Daisy! We haven't met and I'm rather new here, but welcome back. I'm sorry for your loss, but so glad that you are ready to embrace an AF life again. I know how hard it is, but there is something in your tone that tells me you are ready.
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                              X