Day 1 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 again

Joe, welcome back, I know the feeling, been there many times myself, ugh it just plain sucks!
    Not worth the day after either.
    I hope you continue with your journey and I hope you can make amends with your wife.
    Kdog
    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Day 1 again

you never know joe this might be the time yo really do conquer it ......keep trying

Comment

Day 1 again

As Brydie says, "you just have to get through this day." We are pulling for you, Joe.
        Free at Last
        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Day 1 again

witts end;1543446 wrote: you never know joe this might be the time yo really do conquer it ......keep trying
          I pray and believe this is the case this time

Day 1 in the bag, looking forward to the start of Day 2. The support I get from everyone here is much needed and appreciated. :thanks:

I tried apologizing and talking to my wife yesterday. It was a pretty crummy day, not to mention the hangover and cobwebs in my mind. I don't know what will happen, all I can do is stay strong on what I need to do to be a better person.
          First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
          7 Days:
          14 Days:
          30 Days:
          60 Days:
          90 Days:

Comment

Day 1 again

You're doing it, Joe.
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Day 1 again

Joe, it sure sounds like a repeat of what happened to me. I'd drink, hubs would get mad and threaten, I'd promise to quit, rinse and repeat. Until the night of Jan 19, 2011. He did leave. The next morning he came back to get more clothes and to tell me to find a lawyer and be deciding how to divide our assets. That day, Jan 20, 2011 was my Day 1. Believe it or not it was a hard choice to make...my hubs of 25 years, or AL. I chose my husband....but I did not know how I was ever going to be (and stay) AF. But I did it. I know he was not bullshitting me when he looked me in the eye and told me it was him or booze. There was no joy on his face at all. I still see him in my mind when I tell myself that just one won't hurt. It WILL hurt...it did hurt. I will NOT do that to him or myself again. It hasn't always been easy, but it has always been worth it. Our relationship now is strong, as long as I STAY AF, which I will. Once you get some serious time under your belt, you will see what AL does to folks like us. We are addicted to it, therefore we must stay clear. I know you can do this....If I can find the strength, I know you can, too. Just do it, one day at a time. Believe me, it is not the end of the world to give up AL, but it was to lose my husband. It is one or the other...not both. Stay the course and you will never regret it. I haven't!!! Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what and no matter who. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Day 1 again

Thanks Byrdie! Day 2 in the bag And a lot of hope...
                First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
                7 Days:
                14 Days:
                30 Days:
                60 Days:
                90 Days:

Comment

Day 1 again

Hang tough, Joe. Hopefully she can see how hard you're trying. Really, the only thing you can do is not drink. She'll make up her mind on her own. Just do your part. I'm pulling for you.

Comment

Day 1 again

joe hang in there it will take time for your wife to see the changes but you really have to stop drinking .....make a real commitment .......next time you see yourself going for a drink ask yourself ....the drink or my wife .......hopefully you pick the wife

Comment

Day 1 again

Joe, good job on getting back on the AF path. It will take time for your wife to see the changes in you, but it can happen. Keep coming here before you go for the AL and we'll talk you out of it!
                      Free at Last
                      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Working...
                      X