Don't forget to celebrate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I am just dashing this off before work. One of the things that has kept me going and kept me sober is celebrating every little milestone, every little step towards my new sober life, even in the smallest way.

This time around I am definitely focussing on the positives about being sober, as opposed to any negative thinking about what I might be 'missing'.

Even a trip to the supermarket, where I buy what I need and find it only costs a few pounds rather than the money I was spending there when drinking and smoking puts a huge smile on my face.

Every minute, hour and day without AL is a gift to yourself and is worthy of recognition.

This morning I woke up 40 days sober and I celebrated by dancing around the living room to the Killers Mr Brightside and singing along at the top of my voice. I was celebrating, and for so long I have associated that word with alcohol that it feels really liberating to be able to do it sober.

Treat yourself to a wee AL free celebration today. Dancing to Mr Brightside might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I am sure you can come up with something
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

I believe in celebrating too! I find flowers cheerful. Just a nice relaxed walk with the dogs is a celebration.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

You should be happy & celebrate your 40 AF days BH
      Great job, congrats!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Fantastic bh. good work. Im gonna celebrate 13 hours sober with a hot beef sandwich! :-)
        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Scrap that! Spaghetti and meatballs instead. mmm. is it wrong to have actual feelings for food?:H
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Yah hoo BH. Every day is a celebration, isn't it. Feels good to feel good. Congratulations!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

first of all congrats on 40 days! secondly,i looove the killers,lastly,you are absolutely right,taking the time to appreciate the small things like how good my houseplants are doing,shoot even watching the ants scurrying around a piece of bread on the patio,weird,small things we notice sober,good for you bh!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BH....Congrats on 40 Days....I love the Killers btw.

Being AF is most definitely worth celebrating!
                Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Well done Halo......40 days is a GREAT start to the journey of being AF. Every once in a great while I actually feel like I can "hear" the strength in peoples posts........and this is one of them.

I can picture you in a boxing ring with AL, you dancing around like Ali, and Cosell saying........Down goes AL!!! Down goes AL!!

Wishing you continued success and the 30 day star you have so richly deserved.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2165302=7645-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I guess this is how I ended up with 100+ bottles of nail polish!!! I'm not very creative in my "rewards". LOL
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I love the responses and the all the different ways we are celebrating! We have dancing to the Killers (glad I am not alone with that one pauly and miley!)

We have houseplants, ants, flowers, dog walking, meatballs, and lots and lots of nail polish! It all sounds good to me.

Nelz , thanks for the star and the image of me in the boxing ring :H

Lav, Sam, all of you, I don't think I'd be celebrating very much without the real strength and support I have found in this place.

All the more reason to celebrate
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

[QUOTE=broken halo;1543645]
                        This morning I woke up 40 days sober and I celebrated by dancing around the living room to the Killers Mr Brightside and singing along at the top of my voice. I was celebrating, and for so long I have associated that word with alcohol that it feels really liberating to be able to do it sober.

WOW - Congratulations BH! Inspiring to say the least! :goodjob:

Comment

40 Days!? You're killing it girl! I'm gonna celebrate with a bike ride for you in the morning.:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Comment

good for you broken halo...keep it up

Comment

:yougo:celebrate away - 40 days is awesome :waving::cheering:
                              AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Working...
                              X