Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 days AF My Experience in Switzerland

Hello Freinds,

Thanks to you all and you all and your support I starting my 21st AF day tomorrow. I posted my comment on this site just 20 days back and I must say last 20 days were an eye opener for me. For someone like me who has been heavy drinker for 10 years and drinking on daily basis it was a realisation that how I had missed on my life. How I have screwed my health, my family, relations with my wife ...

I have travelling to switzerland and tomorrow I am returning home and this week I have fought my carving (infact not getting them !), did lots of physical activity went hiking ( see my pictures : Library Slideshow by rahulthesweet | Photobucket). This is the place where I used to drench myself in beer as it that was only good here ...

It is just a beginning of change and I cant stop saying thanks to all especially no sugar, byrdie , broken halo and all others who are helping we to fight this poison out of my mind.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...ies/thanks.gif
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

CONGRATS on your 20 AF days Rahul & your successful trip to Switzerland

Your pictures are beautiful - glad you used Photobucket.

Life without AL is definitely better, you know that now

Wishing you safe travels & continued success.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well done Rahul, You have done well to be over there and maintain... Went to Switzerland in my early 20's. Would love to go again and enjoy it for what is really there as you did. Ditto on the safe travels.

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Rahul - very impressive. I've never been to Switzerland, but it sounds lovely. Glad you are having fun -- AF!! Now, I have to go check your photos.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Rahul I am so glad you are doing so great. It sounds like you are having a good time. Your family is going to be so proud of you!
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Rahul.....It's good to hear you are doing so well. The pictures were absolutely beautiful!
            Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
            [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Hey, Rahul - great to hear from you !

Isn't it amazing how quickly your life can change for the better? Your joy is contagious!

You have faced and overcome a big challenge so much earlier in your AF life than most of us. Remember these beautiful photos and the mountains you have already climbed when the inevitable bumps and ditches appear in the coming days. You now know for sure that you can get past those. I am so happy for you.

Thank you for the shadow of Rahulthesweet you shared with us. That will be your avatar in my mind's eye.

Have a good trip home to your lucky family.

:h NS

Comment

Switzerland is a very beautiful country. Austria is another country I believe is very pretty and I'd love to visit.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Rahul, thank you for posting your pics, the scenery looks stunning! I am so very happy for you, you now sound so motivated and determined to succeed and you know you have it in you to do so.

Well done my friend and have a safe journey home. :l
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Congratulations Rahul - you are doing amazing! Switzerland in summer is truly beautiful (many Brits only think to go there for the ski season). We spent a glorious week in Nendaz last summer with our kids (all grown up). Took the ski lifts to the top of the mountains and walked amongst flowers and butterflies in warm sunshine and swam in lakes. Would love to go back again sometime.

Keep up the good work! :goodjob:
                    Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Hello friends, Just reached home and wanted to share. I was upgraded to business class while coming back. What you know what's there in business class ... Unlimited supply of booze, lounge access etc.

I am proud I didn't touch AL. But tomorrow will be another day !!
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahulthesweet, you have done so well. So much to be proud of. Keep continuing on your journey.
                        Free at Last
                        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

congrats Rahul scenery pictures look good even the ground
                          how did you post them

Comment

Working...
                          X