i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

Does excessive drinking cat use really bad breath , mine is really bad and ive not touched it for three days thinking about visiting my dentist

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

Hey BBG,

Breath that isn't as sweet as it could be, may be caused by any number of things.
    I don't really know if drinking causes it or not. I do know that if you've had a few and any one that hasn't, that is near you may smell alcohol on your breath.....
    I have read though that generally, if you are having problems with breath that smells quite strongly, it may be from an unknown buildup of bacteria in your mouth (sometimes if you don't floss bits and pieces can be caught in between teeth and go a bit 'stinky').
    It's all pretty natural stuff, just a buildup of bacteria, so maybe a mouthwash could help?
    I reckon heavy foods that may be difficult for your body to digest may add to the probs....
    I think that from experience, when we are drinking and drinking we may forget some of the basics, brushing before bed or what we are eating...how's it gonna make us feel etc.??

Or you may have a tooth with some decay that needs sorting out. So yes a visit to the dentist is probably the right route anyway just to find out for sure. :-)

Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

maybe we could just gargle the alcohol? all the taste and a little pleasure

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

Or Listerine might work too.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

go see your dentist you might have an abcessed tooth
          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

That's true too. The infection would leave a terrible taste and smell.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

Bgg, last career I was certified dental assistant. Yes, flossing, brushing make sure you do not have tooth decay. Even someone who has no decay but a tendency towards bone loss around their teeth due to their genetic make up would also have that problem. A couple times on patients it turned out to actually be a stomach issue (eg. one guy had ulcers) go to your dentist and I hope you feel much better!!

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

I was recently diagnosed with GERD. Although, I never had any heartburn, I had difficulty swallowing it felt like something was stuck in my throat. And yes, had a terrible taste in my mouth and my breath was stinky. Turns out my tongue was swollen and everything else from the stomach acids. The ENT told me to take Prilosec OTC, after viewing my insides with a camera up my nose and down my throat. Bizzare. Anyway ,after two days I felt better. Took it for 3 weeks, and if I feel like I may be having a problem again I start taking it along with TUMS.

Comment

i KNOW THIS SOUNDS GROSS

Me too. I have GERD. Esophigitis (sp?) where the acid comes back up into my throat and sits in my mouth and burns. If this is what you are experience then definately there is medication out there to help you. I should take stock out on Tums and Rolaids and Zantac and ......

Comment

Working...
                  X