Back from Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Vegas

I'd like to thank everyone who offered me encouraging words before I left for Vegas, I went with best intentions, read my downloaded pdf as I sipped a cocktail on the plane and that was that. I did have fun up until the point I staggered around in a daze after exiting "Jet" a nightclub in the Mirage after too many compted "whatevers" and literally spent the next two days with heart palipatations, fever and a sense of dread I had not experienced before. This was two nights before my girlfriends birthday. The next day and night I barley left the room. She had to order room service and spent most of the time crying. The night of her birthday we went to Ka, my eyes still fuzzy from the previous days excess, stomach churning, loaded with dramamine, a smile(grimace on my face) Out of guilt I added two days to the trip changing 3 days into 5, flights, hotel, an expensive expression of gulit i'd say all because of you know what. Finally we got out of Vegas.
    Here I am back in Vancouver, back at work ready to go Topamax in stomach, supplements in hand ready to put a zero on my calendar.
    I will be here. I will fight this with the rest of you. For I do not feel alone.

G

Back from Vegas

Hi G, you are not alone.

Glad you came back and you sound really motivated, that's great!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Back from Vegas

Hey G,
      It's bloody hard and sometimes it takes the school of 'really hard knocks' to get you to where you need to be. Man, I have had my share!! Mostly self induced on my part.
      Keep on keeping on.

Amelia
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Back from Vegas

We are not alone G!
        That is why I love this site so much and my intentions are to be abstinent.
        I was AF for 7 days and then had a few drinks Saturday and Sunday but I didn't go overboard. But for some reason I feel so guilty. I guess I hate planning out what I am going to drink.

My plans for the rest of this week are to put a big ZERO on the calendar.

Comment

Back from Vegas

Onward & Upward!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Back from Vegas

Hi G -
            Your determination is obvious, so you'll do it and we'll be here with you - you're right, we're all in this together so you're not alone - Welcome back and look forward to seeing that 0 clock forward - just one step at a time, one day at a time ... This place and the wonderful people here helps change lives, so hang in there, keep posting, chatting, sharing, ...there's always someone to listen!

Take care and good luck
            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
            Goals:
            Days 1-7 DONE
            Days 8-14 DONE
            Days 15-21 DONE
            30 days DONE
            60 days
            100 days

Comment

Working...