Sober today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober today

Hooray, I am sober today, completely alcohol free. It is 8.15pm here.I am exhausted, had a busy day, but feeling surprisingly unshaky, will bath hairwash, then make something nutritious to eat and then watchtelevision. Even if I sleep badly tonight I know I will wake up feeling proud of myself!
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Sober today

Well done you! Just keep remembering how good it feels

Comment

Sober today

Darkest Diamond;1549880 wrote: Hooray, I am sober today, completely alcohol free. It is 8.15pm here.I am exhausted, had a busy day, but feeling surprisingly unshaky, will bath hairwash, then make something nutritious to eat and then watchtelevision. Even if I sleep badly tonight I know I will wake up feeling proud of myself!
      DD, a lovely bath is one of my most treasured rewards to myself. I treated myself earlier to some Sanctuary bath stuff from Boots. they are doing buy two get 3rd free. It is great to hear that you are sober and not feeling anxious or shaky.Enjoy your bath and the rest of your evening :l
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Sober today

Diamond I am sober today and feeling great (although tired). Have a great af evening.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Sober today

Have a great sober day today everyone, I feel strong know that today is going to be my day 2. Thank you for all the responses, this forum is very powerful.
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Sober today

You can do it darkest diamond.
            Drink free since 18 August 2013:h

Comment

Sober today

Another day, done and dusted!

Feel good about this, but know it will be harder when I am back at work next week! Thanks for the support. x

Comment

Sober today

Best of luck dd , you are doing great
                Still trying !!!
                AF 25th June2014

Comment

Sober today

damo180;1550241 wrote: Best of luck dd , you are doing great
                  hey Damo - what's the craic with you ?
                  You doing Dublin marathon this year ?
                  Good luck to us on Sunday :yay:

Comment

Sober today

Way to go, DD! I'm so glad to hear you are back and feeling strong. Hang in there.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Sober today

DD., your evening sounds about as relaxing as mine! Good for you! I went through a ton of old magazines and am looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Comment

Sober today

Great work DD, I am having a sober Saturday and have done 3 loads of washing, cleaning the fridge, things I would not have even tolerated on an AL hangover morning. Keep it up it is a wonderful feeling to be sober and in the real world
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                        X