Alcohol Free September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Free September

Good for you Ishy, it's important to know when you begin to slide, I am right with you and have learned from this site that it is indeed a slippery slope, we sought this place for a reason. Here's to an AF September!!!
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Alcohol Free September

good for you tjaf

I want to be af for september also

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Welcome aboard witts end, before we know it those AF days will equal a month!!!
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Completed one airport lounge waiting period and 8 hour international flight. Now finishing the second layover in the lounge. Seltzer water and lime (or lemon) is my best friend. One more flight and I am home. Happy to report AF Sept for me. Stay strong for the weekend.
          Free at Last
          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Happy AF Friday everyone!
            I have lots to do this weekend so no room for al.
            Ishy

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Hi Ishy and welcome! Well, another beautiful day....I almost thought about staying home today...it was nice to think about it just because its a beautiful day and not because of a hangover. Hope everyone has a great AF Friday!
              Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
              [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Yep alcohol free Fridays are great

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Happy AF September all! Day 29 AF

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Holy shit! Day 30 today!

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Thanks Free Today is Day 33 AF.

As for the plan going forward, I'm glad you asked, because it forced me to formulate one and make it solid. So thanks! Plan going forward is to extend my 30 day commitment to 60. It seems like a long time but I can always keep the mindset that I'm already past the halfway mark I'm going to continue on with my various regimen (exercise, clean diet, sleep, and the appropriate meds/supps). And I'm still planning on adding a few things (therapist/counselor, meditation, and physical outlet/martial arts). If anyone's curious about the specifics, you can find my progress thread over in the meds forum.

I'll share my new mantra here in hopes someone else relates to it... Lately when getting overwhelmed, emotional, sad, frustrated, or just going down some mental rabbit-hole... I've been using the mantra "I am deeply okay no matter what" and repeat it to myself over and over again. I also sometimes use "Strong and positive".

Best to all.

Comment

Alcohol Free September

I'm in for September too. Congrats SBL on 30!!

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Well done Skullbaby

I'm in for September and I don't think I've ever had an AF September in 20 years. WOW!
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Awesome UKB, you're kicking ass. You were sober all of August as well if I remember correctly? How's life feeling these days for you?

Comment

Alcohol Free September

Day 34 AF. Thanks Unwasted and UKB for the comments

I thought I'd share an awesome book I found out about last night, called "The Flinch" by Julien Smith. It's pretty amazing, and really sheds a light on some profound things that have been holding me back. Check out the amazon description/reviews and see if it's something you'd find interesting. I might go so far as to say that it looks to be a game-changer for me.

Comment

Alcohol Free September

skullbabyland;1554823 wrote: Day 34 AF. Thanks Unwasted and UKB for the comments

I thought I'd share an awesome book I found out about last night, called "The Flinch" by Julien Smith. It's pretty amazing, and really sheds a light on some profound things that have been holding me back. Check out the amazon description/reviews and see if it's something you'd find interesting. I might go so far as to say that it looks to be a game-changer for me.
                                Hard to pass up considering it is free! Thanks for the recommendation, SBL!

Comment

Working...
                                X