• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little things I love about sobriety

Food has taste. No, really.

Comment

A liitle benefit for me in just 3 days is 3 x the $8.00 for a pint and a coke. How about the 1000 calories that just went with it. Then of course a pizza or burgers becuase it so good, so good I can't remeber it.
      I woke up and my nose does'nt seem so red and big. And wow Im not blowing snot.

Let's see I don't have to spend $5.00 on a bottle of visine. No craving for a greasy egg and sausage this morning or 5 cups of coffee. Damn I'm gonna be rich!
      What you resist persits

Comment

Among all the things already mentioned.... Being able to take time before bedtime to actually use all of the beauty products I bought on line while drunk. Yesterday I washed my face, used a face mask, put on serum, eye creme, moisturizer, brushed and flossed my teeth, put on proper pajamas and went to bed. It amazing those Cremes and lotions help!

When drunk, I would have passed out in whatever I was wearing with a dirty face and un brushed teeth and blamed it all on these things just taking too much time. Then I would have got up with all of the awful feelings, thrown on some clothes, put my dirty hair in a pony tail and ran out the door. Today I actually styled my hair, got dressed in nice clothes, put on make up and had time to spare. I always blamed not doing my hair because it takes too much time and saying I'm not of those high maintenance women. It was just an excuse, I gave too much of my time to all the activities involved with alcohol. No wonder I had no "time" for personal maintenance.

Great thread!

Comment

Today is day 7 for me and I woke up from the most peaceful and restful sleep in memory. No waking at 3am parched and reaching for Tylenol, no panic at trying to recall what I did/said the evening before and a feeling of accomplishment that despite stress and responsibilities, I haven't turned to al to help me cope. It's an awesome (empowering) feeling to get out of bed feeling rejuvenated and excited about tackling the day ahead, AF!

Comment

Some great responses - its fab to see that we can appreciate the little benefits that we thought we did/didn't have before we stopped drinking.

One of my new favourite things is logging onto facebook and NOT seeing the angry, red notification button, alerting me to the responses to my various, drunken posts the night before. No more cringing and frantic deleting of inappropriate or downright rude!!

Keep posting - Loving this

Comment

Just about everything. I'm excited that I have time to do stuff. I'm not just laying or sitting in the morning because I feel like crap. I might actually start a load of laundry or READ or catch up on bills etc and have a good attitude about it. I love feeling ALIVE!!!

Comment

Knowing that when I'm sad, I'm sad for real...:upset:

When I'm happy, I'm happy for real...

When I'm angry, I'm angry for real...

When I'm sleepy, I'm sleepy for real...:bedtime:

When I'm sick, I'm sick for real... :flush:

When in dancing and silly, I'm dancing and silly for real...:bananacomputer:
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Cont...

When I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation for real... :beach:

When I'm hugging my kids,. I'm hugging them for real... :huggy
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Looking - I could have written your post. I've spend tons of money on beauty products (probably thinking I could fight the AL and cigs with anti-wrinkle cream?) but I never had the energy to use them after my 12 pack. Well...until the end when I realized I should shower and do my "routine" before I started drinking. But guess what that led to? Me running to the store (drunk) in my jammies with my face products on. Ugh...not a good look, I don't care WHO you are! LOL

p.s. My "Pajamas" were old yoga pants that had a hole in the left butt cheek. The guy at the liquor store is quite familiar with my ass. :egad:
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                    X