311 gang: 6 months today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to send a shout out to those of us who started out on March 11 wishing and willing a better life, an AF life. Today is 6 months, whereever you are in your journey, just wanted to send you support and well wishes. I hope you are in a better place than when you started the journey..:h:h
    free, my life, halfway, siren, I can and all the rest wishing you well!
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Wow. I can't believe it has been six months. I am doing well, although I still feel the pull of alcohol. Reading posts helps remind me that I don't want to go back. Moving forward is what it's all about.

Thanks, halo. Greetings to all.

Comment

Thanks, Halo, for reaching out to the gang. I have been AF for the past 8 weeks and am feeling stronger every day. The 311 gang was the start of me beginning to wrap my head around the fact that I am better without alcohol in my life. It took several "day 1"s and lots of support from the people on this website to reach this point. I know that I have not beaten this beast, but he is not rearing his ugly head as frequently and the voice saying "go ahead, just one glass" is becoming more of a whisper. The 311 gang will forever hold a place in my heart and I mark that day as the beginning of a change for the better for me.

Warmest,
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Nice to hear that you are both doing well halfway and free. Free, like you March 11 (311 gang) will hold a special place for me, I was spiraling out of control and finally had had enough. I was able to get 5 months of being AF under my belt, which was HUGE for me, AL no longer is controling my life. I slipped but didn't slide and learned many lessons, remaining on the MWO for help, and reflection is essential for my continued well being. I am in a much better place than I was before the 311 gang and I am sooooooooo happy you both are as well. Wishing you the best life for you both, which we know is an AF one.
        Thanks so much for your support , wouldn't be here without you!

Halo
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Day 10 here but something starting to shift where i realize i can't moderate... and need to embrace total abstinence joyfully.... hoping it clicks into place for good....Congrats to all of you

Comment

Congrats 311 gang. You were all so kind to me when I first posted as MWO's newest newbie. I'll never forget your kindness. Blessings to all of you.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good to hear you are finding the place you need to be, I can, for many of us one drop of AL is too much! and Moss Rose, remember you are the one that is doing amazing! Love your tag picture by the way....

Comment

Working...
              X