Hi. I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'm new

Hello everyone. I discovered this site about a week ago after much contemplating about my drinking habits and how it is affecting my life, and that of those around me. I guess I've finally acknowledged my binge drinking and the negative side of who I become socially - silly mistakes and regrets the next days! I'm still undecided whether to abstain or moderate, but I haven't had a drink for 5 days. I've found just reading all your posts strengthening over the past few days. Have ordered book & CD's (waiting for arrival), but not the supplements - do they really help?
    trying :new:

Hi. I'm new

Hi jcilia & Welcome!

You'll find great support here. Sorry, can't help you with the supps b/c I take Topa route. I'm sure someone will come around & comment on it. Glad u found us!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Hi jcilia, I do the supplements (bad reaction to the topa, but I'm allergic to everything)They really do work. But for me, I think it's the being able to post and let out those feelings that trigger you to drink, than helps the most. L-glut I cannot reccomend enough. and good for you on 5 day A/f!!!
      Welcome
      Mary

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Hi Jcilia! I'm relatively new here as well. The people here are great, and they give that extra boost, pat on the back or.. kick in the ass when you need it!

My drinking has slowed down since I have been here and my goal is to moderate and be content with that. I am waiting for my supps. to get here...patiently (as I drum my fingers...)

Congrats on the 5 days! That's excellent!!!

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Hi Jcilia, congrats on 5 days. Keep it up!

EVERYTHING HERE HELPS.

The support, the knowlegde of all of the members, the book, supps and feeling like finally you are not alone in your journey/struggle.

Welcome and looking forward to following your progress!!

Amelia
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Hi Jcilia - I have only been her a month in-fact on Saturday it will be a complete month and this site has been my life saver, I started out a bit shaky but then I went to AF but now with the help of the book and the others on this site I am not moderating.

I feel so much better and I have already started to feel human again - So I welcome you - enjoy your stay and just remember this site is always here for you, there is always someone her you are never alone.

chin up and well done on the 5 days.
            Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

Hi. I'm new

jcilia, :goodjob: on 5 days. Great start.
              where does this go?

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Congats also on 5 days!

The book suggests using the topo, if you can tolerate the topo along with the suppliments , at least that's my reading of it. The basic recommendation is to do both, though anyone's free to modify. I just read the book. It has some helpful ideas. I am going to try this, nothing muych else has worked for very long.

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Congrads on 5 days! That's more than babysteps! Go a'head, you can do that!
                  Ellen

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Welcome. I use a lot of the supps. Not the All in One. I bought it, but it just doesn't agree with me. I do take Milk Thistle, Evening Primrose Oil, Magnesium, B-50,
                    L-Glutamine, Kudzu, and Amino Acids. I'm not much of pill popper, but I'm determined to try to follow this program as closely as possible. I can't say I've noticed a huge change in my overall feeling of well-being, but it is early days yet. Everything that I've read says it takes awhile to have the proper levels in your system. I find the best medicine is logging on here, reading, and trying to offer support when I can. I plan to use the CDs more regularly. A lot of people here have said they have very positive results with those. I have used them a few times, but haven't gotten into that routine yet. I've also read the book several times. It always reenergizes me when I reread it. I feel that this program is the winning ticket. I've definitely drank a lot less and am slowly but surely changing my mindset about drinking. Good luck. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie

Comment

Hi. I'm new

:welcome:

jcilia, azhm, and elmeka!

It's nice to meet you!
                      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Jcilia dear, :welcome:

Good for you on 5 AF days!! I took the supps quite religiously in the beginning. I found the CD's to be a tremendous help as they seemed to calm me immediately and helped me with my attitude about 2 weeks into the whole cycle. Somewhere in the hypno tape he told me I never needed to overindulge again.

I am here a year and say come, join in post often and keep up the great work!

OK, Morrison, LOVE this avatar, but still I kind of liked creepy mr burns!!:H :H

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Hi Jcilia and Welcome,

I have used the supp's, topa and recently started listening to the CD's when I go to sleep. Yes the supp's do work, I am no longer on Topa. The CD's work as well even when sleeping.
                          I am glad you found and 5 days is a wonderful start!! Congrats.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Hi Jcilia & Welcome,

Congrats on 5 days..... "This program is the bomb!!!" (Randy Jackson- American Idol quote)
                            Abby

Comment

Hi. I'm new

Thanks so much everyone for you support and the 'hugs'! I'm looking forward to being around and getting to know you. Josie
                              trying :new:

Comment

Working...
                              X