I'm new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Hi, I'm new and nursing a hangover from a bottle of Chardonnay that I drank last night. Not the normal size bottle, but the bigger ones. I hate myself everytime I do this. I already have a prescription for Campral and have taken it, but not regularly. I hope that coming to a site where others are or have been in the same boat will help. I plan to go buy the book at Barnes and Noble and check into some of the supplements. I am concerned about my health and want to make the necessary changes. I once was a chain smoker and one day just quit cold turkey. That was 30 years ago so I know I have the ability to do this.

Anne

I'm new here

Hi Anne,

A big welcome with open arms. If you have been visiting the site for some time before joining, you will know that this is the place to be.

You are safe here to share all of your thoughts and feelings about your journey.

I joined at the beginning of January and can't tell you enough how my life has been improved by meeting the wonderful people here.

Everyone will be happy to meet you and hear your story and help you move on, at the rate that's right for you.

Lots of love to you,

Gem x
    Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

I'm new here

Hello Anne,
      Gem just about said it for me.
      This is a great place.
      Welcome.

Comment

I'm new here

Ditto to all above
        Smiles
        Mary

Comment

I'm new here

Anne,
          Welcome..... I have been here since July of 06 and still find daily inspiration here.
          You are headed in the right direction. I know exactly how you feel... it is like having a monkey on your back, that you can't get rid of. This place if supportive, educational & fun.
          Best Wishes....
          Abby

Comment

I'm new here

Hello Ann, welcome. Great day to join us a Friday..... No honestly, if I can't get on any other day I make sure I do on a Friday, it really helps me through the weekend. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards. Keep reading and keep posting.

Lorna
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Anne & Welcome!

Every step forward is an accomplishment.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I'm new here

oh wine hangovers I know them too well. I have also been trying to lay off the vino. I really thought this was going to be easy, it's a process.
                be gentle to yourself, take small steps and be positive.
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I'm new here

Anne... Welcome

Focus on why you want to quit and utilize the tools here... They Work!

You can and will do it!!!
                  Control the Mind

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Anne & :welcome:

This place is just amazing, Whenever you feel like a drink just come on here instead ...

Well Done for making the first step xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Anne,

Glad you decided to stay awhile ... I did only 7 days ago, but they have been a great 7 days.

Good luck.
                      :racer:

Comment

I'm new here

:welcome: Ah...wine...my problem is that I buy it by the box!...Just always liked the taste of wine....but....I've often hated myself too...wake up in the morning cursing myself, not necessarily because of the way I feel because unfortunately I've always had a pretty high tolerance for alcohol BUT for having drunk myself to sleep again.
                        Fortunately, my children don't have my tolerance...they get pretty sick if they drink too much. I've always told my mother that the high tolerance for alcohol which comes from her side of the family is a curse!...I've said it somewhat jesting but seriously.....
                        Again...Welcome! You'll find a lot of folks here who can really understand the way you feel and can relate.
                        :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

I'm new here

Welcome Anne,
                          Some of my roughest days have been from a wine hangover. Keep coming here and posting. People here are great and will provide you strength you need to reach whatever goal you have for yourself.
                          Again, welcome
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I'm new here

Well, so far I have failed myself. I am sitting her reading all your encouraging, nice comments with a big glass of Chardonnay. I even took two doses of Campral, so much for that, I think I swallowed the last two with the wine. I have seven children, two who are really having some major emotional issues and all I do is continue to try and numb myself. My 16 year old daughter who has battled an eating disorder for 3 years actually tried to kill herself a few weeks ago. She is battling mood swings and depression and anxiety and I know what I do isn't helping, my kids hate for me to drink. Oh well, thanks to all for your support. I will keep visiting and hopefully something will strike that cord to really try and stop this destructive cycle.

Anne

Comment

I'm new here

:welcome:
                              Hello and it is good that you are here though it is not for a good reason like for all of us.
                              Hangovers , I could write books about them. How many times I have woke up like in a nightmare tried to figure out what happened last night. Stand up to look at my place , maybe I lost my purse and money or jacket. I am shaking all and try to drink water . After 10 minutes I vomit and do it for the rest of the day. I can never eat the day after or maybe just in night til 11. I have hangover for like 3-4 days. I eat greasy food next days and I am not my self and have many regrets and shame.
                              Why I have put my trouhg this is ununderstandable.
                              Now I am here with you all guys in a good place.
                              Hangover, will go over and now it is your decision if you go there again like for all of us.
                              We can do this together.
                              Take care ,
                              Ylfa

Comment

Working...
                              X