Update/looking for insight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, over two weeks alcohol free for the first time in forever with the help of campral and antabuse. Also told my Pdoc I want to start tapering off my daily dose of klonopin last week and he is helping me with that. I am very excited and hopeful beginning this new chapter of my life..I am eating clean and exercising daily. Mentally and emotionally I feel good..the occasional mood swings but that's to be expected. What I was wondering about is the lingering physical issues...a slight hand tremor, occasional lower jaw shiver and stomach issues..sometimes I am fine and sometimes it seems like my stomach is upset for days at a time and food goes right through me. I am all too familiar with alcohol withdrawal symptoms days 1-5 but this is new for me and it gets confusing what can be do to the alcohol recovery/body healing and what may be do to the klonopin and/or reducing the klonopin dosage early in recovery. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Tom

Tom I'm not sure about the Klonopin but I do know it took my stomach about a month to settle down. I still fight extreme fatigue after about 5 months. I told myself I will be tired until my body heals. The insomnia doesn't help.
    I am glad you are doing what it takes to change your life. Congrats.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention the fatigue, it hasn't been debilitating and I definitely work through it but it hits hard some times. The stomach issue was a greater concern for me...I hardly ever got this far into sobriety recently and was wondering if that one can or tends to linger.

Comment

Working...
      X