No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I'm new. I'm really having a hard time quitting.I hope this helps.My doctor wanted to put me on campral but I need a week sober before he'll give it to me.I can get 2 or 3 days but then I do it again.I just keep trying.This looks like a great place to come for help.
    Bird

Hi Bird & :welcome:

You certainly have come to the right place, I joined back in November when I hit rock bottom, drinking 3 bottles of red wine everyday, Now after the help of the lovely people here I manage more AF days that drinking days every week & feel so much more alive, all the best .......
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Hiya Bird, welcome. Yes you have found the greatest place on earth here, you will be warmly welcomed by all the fabby people here. I was a bit apprehensive when I first joined but not now, not in the slightest. Whatever mood I am in there is always someone feeling the same that will post back offering advice or just a 'wee share' of whats happening with them, some days you will just laugh out loud at some of the threads and some days you will cry, whatever you do you will never be doing it alone. Welcome again, rooting for your first week so you can start your medication.

Lorna
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hi Bird, Welcome:welcome:
        It's a positive that you can actually manage to stop drinking for a few days at a time. It shows you do have some control over it. Perhaps slowly you could make your non drinking periods longer and drinking spells shorter. In the mean time stick around and read all the posts.

Best wishes

Amelia
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Meant to add that Betty Boop got there by starting later and drinking fewer, just a thought, have obviously been doing that too..... I WILL DO IT, I WILL, with the love and support of all here ... I KNOW I WILL

L
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hi Bird and welcome. This place is fab. Just let your feelings out and you will get there with some courage and inner strength. good luck. Bella xx

Comment

Welcome Bird,

The Campral start can be a bit of a catch 22. From reading about others, taking the campral while you are trying to get those 4-7 days in is fine and can be a big motivator to stay AF (Alchohol Free) while it is taking effect. Get the RX filled and try it out.

Also, using the supps and other parts of the program will help get you started too.

Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Welcome Bird!! I was going to say what Laura did that I do not believe it is mandatory to have gone a week without drinking, but just a good idea. The supplements can really help with the cravings to get you through those days. Wishing you the best! This is a great place. :welcome:
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey Bird, welcome.

I'm on day 11 AF and fighting the demons every day. But this site has helped incredibly. Whenever you need a boost to get by, come on in and spend time with your friends here. I do.
                  :racer:

Comment

Hang in there!

Hey Bird!

I'm three days too! I'm finding it quite tough but I'm going to hang on in there and I hope you do too. Maybe we can get seven days together and you can get your meds off the doctor and that will help too.

Keep on keeping off!

Raoul

Comment

Hi Bird & Welcome...

My question is ...how badly do you want it? With that said, download/read the MWO book(if u haven't) & get that script filled.
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi Bird, i agree with seabreeeze completely you have to want it for you...believe in yourself and your reslove. the sups and tapes support your resolution to change your life for the better. :welcome: rudemama

Comment

Working...
                        X