999 What's your emergency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi anyone in the UK? There has been a really interesting programme on tonight , channel 4 all about the ambulance service and alcohol..... utterly heartbreaking, it might be on 4OD, so you might be able to catch it on your computer later.

Really thought provoking but terribly sad xx
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

gonna watch it on catch up in bed xx
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

It was so sad.. Especially the 28 year old - I think his name is Scott. Definitely worth a watch if anyone missed it x
      AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

I checked for it on 4OD and it wasn't there
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

It was only on last night and sometimes takes a day or so for them to add it so check again later x
          AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

I thought it was quite shocking the way the ambulance crew spoke about the people they picked up.
            The man in the suit in particular that had lost all control of body functions ..... they were very scathing about him - joked about stopping & getting him Pampers - I had to turn it off .

Very sad that anyone should be treated like that - no empathy at all.
            Was like they really resented these people taking up their time - even though that man was clearly in trouble and needed medical intervention.

Comment

I know what you mean... I was surprised about that too but I guess it's their way of getting through the task as they were covered in ummm.. Human liquids...

I thought the SOS squad - specially trained to pick up and treat drunks - were more sympathetic.
              AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

I just watched this. satz, I agree about the insult to the man who had soiled himself. Every patient deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, if this had been a dementia patient they spoke about like that they would have lost their jobs. It was utterly callous.

However I thought most of the crews did their jobs well.

I cried my eyes out watching this. I am glad Annette sobered up, I hope she stays that way. That clip of her screaming, agitated and clawing at her skin will stay with me, I'll think of that if I ever think of lifting that first drink. I also hope Scott gets help soon and gets his young life back.

Thanks for pointing this out DD xx

Comment

Scott is my cousin, this was filmed a year ago now, and it was when he was at his worst. Thank you for your concern. He is getting better

Comment

How lovely to hear this bit of news .
                    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

liw;1569973 wrote: Scott is my cousin, this was filmed a year ago now, and it was when he was at his worst. Thank you for your concern. He is getting better
                      Very glad to hear it. He's a lovely lad and deserves to lead a full and happy life. Give him our best

Comment

That is great news... I have been wondering how he is now xx
                        AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

I'm going to watch this tonight. My other half watched it the night it was on & was really scathing about people that are unable to control their alcohol intake....sat next to an alcoholic, although he doesn't know how bad my drinking really is. He's out tonight (getting drunk) so I can watch it on my own without his running commentary.

Comment

Very sobering programme.

On a much more cheery note, weren't the 2 paramedic guys (Mark & Tommy) very easy on the eye. Every cloud.

Comment

what a good programme . I think it was quite frightening to here how many calls that are related to alcohol the paramedics attend. Quite timely for me - good to be reminded the reasons to stay sober x
                              AF 10th June 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X